The Research Specialist will need to function very independently and with general direction/supervision from the Principal Investigator. This candidate will provide primary support to the conduct of the team's activities in epidemiological research and in public health surveillance capacity-building. Daily activities will include communication with domestic and international partners and users of the WHONET software, maintaining documentation, and leading data analysis and interpretation.
The Research Specialist will routinely work together with physicians, postdoctoral fellows, research assistants, laboratory personnel and domestic and international project partners. S/he must be able to consistently ensure adherence to hospital/department policies and established clinical procedures/ standard practices.
This may partly be a federally funded grant (research) position.
1. Researches, develops, designs, executes and interprets clinical breath research protocols, ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements.
2. Investigates, creates, and develops new methods and technologies for research advancement, particularly in the use of microbiology laboratory data to support hospital and communicaty antimicrobial resistance containment policies and activities.
3. Coordinates research study activities. Function as a resource for all study issues.
4. Identifies problems and develops solutions. Seeks opportunities for grant applications and collaborations, including participation in grant development.
5. Implements quality management activities, including data validation, quality control.
6. Participates in training and orienting new staff.
7. Contributes to scientific literature, reports, journals and presentations.
8. All other duties, as assigned.
MD or PhD preferred. MS degree or equivalent education in a scientific field of research.
Several years of direct research or public health surveillance experience preferred. Sound independent judgment and competence in research methodologies.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Strong research design and analytical skills
• Strong statistical skills
• In-depth knowledge of field of research
• Excellent time management/organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal presentation skills
• Versatility and perseverance
BWH is an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.