At Reality Labs, our goal is to invent the user interface technologies that will drive the next generation of augmented-reality experiences. Our aim is to unleash human potential by erasing the bottlenecks between intent and action. The key to this work is in the development of robust, adaptive algorithms and systems that can seamlessly power the decoding of wearable biometrics. As a Research Intern, you will focus on developing novel, robust, and sensor processing algorithms for wrist-wearables. Your work will involve novel techniques around self-supervised learning, robust decoding of biometric signals, confounder mitigations, and state-estimation/sensor-fusion techniques for stringing the entire system together. Our research lies at the intersection of signal processing, machine learning, and human-computer interaction. You will work with world-leading collaborators and mentors in the AR/VR, machine learning, neuroscience, and HCI fields.
Research Scientist Intern, Algorithms (PhD) Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute cutting-edge research and design of novel adaptive algorithms for a variety of different sensory models.
- Implement signal processing, classification, fusion, and confounder mitigation algorithms and systems that are robust, efficient, easily tunable, and yield seamless interactions.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software, contribute to code documentation and maintenance of the analysis pipeline.
- Collaborate with the larger research team, present and share results with key stakeholders.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD in machine learning, state-estimation, robotics, or similar.
- 3+ years of experience with scientific programming languages such asPython or Matlab.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as Pytorch and TensorBoard.
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group collaboration and cross-culture collaboration. Be able to clearly articulate ideas and goals.
- Experience with online and offline signal processing of biological time series data and sensor-fusion techniques.
- Experience with machine/deep learning.
- Excellent research skills involving defining problems, exploring solutions, and analyzing and presenting results.
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Familiarity with AR/VR technologies and literature.
- Experience with biometric modeling for real-time interactive scenarios (e.g., gesture recognition, task inference).
- Experience with state estimation and self-supervised learning.
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents, as well as first-authored publications at leading workshops or conferences such as [insert several top conferences that are relevant to the position - e.g. "CVPR, ECCV/ICCV, SIGGRAPH, or similar"].
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op.
- Proven track record in the design of novel and fieldable algorithms that have been deployed in the real-world.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
This job has expired.