As a Research Product Manager, you will drive vision and define what success looks like for the Codec Avatars long term research program. Work closely with world-class research and functional teams to define requirements and drive roadmaps for a new-to-world research prototype platform within Virtual and Augmented reality - changing the way we'll work, communicate, and connect across distance.Research product management roles can span the boundaries of integrated hardware/software systems, interaction design, application experiences, user interfaces, and machine learning/artificial intelligence, with the opportunity to collaborate with both the brightest Ph.D. researchers in the field and pioneering product development teams. Your excitement for innovating on emerging technologies and security/privacy to deliver into the hands of future consumers is a must. Codec Avatars is specifically focused on making interpersonal social experience in virtual reality and augmented reality, perceptually indistinguishable from real life. Our goal? To enable the ability to interact with anyone, anytime, anywhere. Role Description: We are looking for a Research Product Manager to drive long-term strategy and execution for Codec Avatar growth through internal and external engagement. This PM is responsible for expanding beyond what the Codec Avatars team has established today and takes the program to the next level through deep partnership with product and incubation teams within Meta.
Research Product Manager Responsibilities:
- Drive long term vision, strategy, and roadmap on building our future telepresence service.
- Drive alignment with the team across organizations to execute on shared vision.
- Owns the collaboration strategy spanning orgs for the development of Codec Avatars.
- Proven technical understanding of the space - experiences in AR, VR, Avatars.
- Experience shipping products within large organizations.
- Experience dealing with highly complex and ambiguous concepts, creating structures to drive clarity and actions spanning organizations.
- Proven motivating and collaborating with our research team and cross-functional teams.
- Effective influencer and communicator.
- Experience managing clients or internal stakeholders.
- Degree in Product Development or technical fields (Computer Science or similar).
- Experience in a Research lab or a startup.
- Experience in Machine Learning or Computer vision related fields.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
This job has expired.