As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the MassGeneral Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/Overview Statement:
The entry level Research Assistant I (RA) will support various research studies involving the analysis and evaluation of the impact of computerized clinical systems on the quality of patient care. The RA will support activities associated with research studies which may inlcude data collection, database development, data analysis, developing Internal Review Board (IRB) amendments, literature searches and administrative tasks. The RA may also contribute to progress reports to sponsors, and organizing communication with stakeholders, study participants and project staff. Principal duties may vary depending on the phase of an assigned project.The RA will use MS Access, Excel and REDCap to assist with data collection and analysis. a 1 to 2-year commitment is preferred.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• May perform data collection from a variety of sources, including patient medical records, hospital clinical information systems, and surveys.
• Using MS Access, Excel and/or REDCap will assist in data collection efforts, database development, and descriptive data analysis. (In-house MS Access and REDCap training is available.)
• Will assist with preparing the forms for obtaining approval from the Internal Review Board (IRB) for the study protocols.
• Will assist in project management activities to help keep projects proceeding efficiently.
• Performs general topic searches and specialized database searches. Retrieves journal articles from the Internet or library. Maintains a bibliographic library of supporting material.
• May assist with the preparation of formal research reports and manuscripts for publication in professional journals. Strong writing skills helpful.
• Helps with the preparation of talks and presentation materials including PowerPoint slides, and tables and graphs.
• Photocopying, electronic mailing, receiving and sending mail, scheduling meetings, faxing and other administrative duties as required.
• Bachelor's Degree, pre-medical training preferred and an interest in healthcare, improvement of healthcare processes, and the use of technology to support clinical care.
• Competency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and database software.
• Experience with data management, including using word-processing, spreadsheet, MS Access database software, REDCap and EndNote preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal skills required for working with variety of healthcare researchers and hospital/practice staff. Ability to demonstrate professionalism and respect.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks and assist in project management.
• Capability to work independently, complete work and meet deadlines with only general supervision.
• Competency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access and REDCap preferred.
• Ability to use the medical bibliographic retrieval program EndNote helpful.
• Certification in the protection of human research subjects (can be obtained after hire)
• A 1-2 year commitment is preferred.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Posted 32 minutes ago
Posted 32 minutes ago
Posted 16 minutes ago