AstraZeneca is organized around two core business units: BioPharmaceuticals (BBU) and Oncology (OBU). The BBU focuses on development and commercialization of AstraZeneca's Respiratory, Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Renal, and Infectious Disease therapeutic areas.
Global Insights, Analytics & Commercial Excellence (GIACE) is a strategic function, critical for enabling success in the growth of the BBU business. Our ambition is to build an industry-leading organization, empowering our Commercial teams through the generation of compelling evidence and insights, while ensuring they have the tools and skills to deliver impactful launches that change the practice of medicine for the benefit of patients. Within GIACE, the Insights & Analytics function is organized across three teams that support both the Global and US organizations:
- Respiratory Insights,
- Cardiovascular, Renal and Metabolic (CVRM) Insights
- Insights & Analytics Center of Excellence (CoE).
The Insight Teams and the CoE partner to drive portfolio and brand strategy and performance. Together we strive to uncover deep customer insights in order to drive improved decision-making and business impact.
The aim of the Insights & Analytics Center of Excellence
is to establish industry-leading capabilities across the core areas of analytics, forecasting, reporting, business planning, and insight capabilities.It will leverage, reapply, and advance best practices in capabilities and operations from Global and US more broadly across geographies.
The I&A Center of Excellence is organized around the following core capability areas:
- Brand Analytics
- Advanced Analytics
- Business Planning & Capabilities
The Reporting Manager
is responsible for leading the reporting and performance management efforts associated with the US and/or Global business. They will help enable the next generation data/analytics platform to drive superior and dynamic performance management. This role will require business partnership across the enterprise with multiple stakeholders within Insights & Analytics and beyond including Commercial Operations, IT, and Senior Leaders.
The Reporting Manager will be a critical business parter with the brand Insight teams and brand teams. They will translate business needs into corresponding KPIs and performance management reports/dashboards, aimed at improving insight on business performance and prompting action. Responsiblities could include weekly performance reporting as well as more comprehensive monthly reporting. This person would partner with the Reporting Lead, Senior Director to deliver highly efficient operations and automation for standard or routine deliverables.
This role is reserved for someone with marketing and research experience who has deep quantitative technical skills combined with superior communication skills. As such, those who will qualify for this position are both technically sound and have the ability to be a proactive internal consultant, adding value to AstraZeneca's commercial organization beyond their analytical prowess through their understanding of secondary data, industry knowledge, and track record of innovative and impactful decision support.Key Responsibilities:
- Develop a deep understanding of internal customers' data and analytical needs focusing on the customer-facing model leadership
- Implement new & improved Business Performance Management tools
- Help lead the build and deployment of a next generation unified Data & Analytics Platform
- Collaborate with the US Sales Force and Market Access Operations to ensure success of key business processes and coordination on joint initiatives
- Instill a culture of continuous improvement, testing, and deployment of new & automated capabilities for the business.
- Develop innovative analytical practices to create and sustain competitive advantage.
- Access appropriate information via a variety of tools and sources
- Summarize and present findings through various communication channels
- Demonstrate a high level of understanding of the points of integration of our work and that of our colleagues.
- Monitor the external environment to stay up to date on leading analytic and reporting capabilities, both within and outside of pharma, which can be applied within the organization
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- 4+ years of analytical experience including experience in advanced analytics techniques and application. Basic experience in SQL and Python. Experience in building, deploying, and embedding capabilities into an organization.
- 2+ years' experience in US Pharma/ Health Care Industry, making decisions on major drivers of product success, advising on drug development candidate process and Health Care environment.
- 2+ years' experience utilising a range of analytics involving standard data in the Pharmaceutical Industry e.g. IQVIA (MIDAS, DDD NPA, Monthly Xponent), claims data (Truven, Marketscan), epidemiological data etc
- Reportable accomplishments around converting derived insight into strategic guidance and developing this skill among direct reports
- Exceptional business acumen, strategic thinking and understanding of sales and marketing business practices
- Entrepreneurial mindset to impact leadership and high emotional intelligence
- Experience advising senior level executives, strong coaching and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to influence laterally and vertically
- High degree of creativity and innovation in developing new approaches, processes and methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Advanced degree (e.g., PhD / MBA / Masters in areas such as Engineering/ Statistics/ Decision Sciences)