The Novelis Casting plant located in Davenport, IA have an immediate opening for a Relability Engineer. The purpose of this role is to identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Ensures reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls and safety/ security systems.
- Works with project engineering to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations by using the life cycle asset management process.
- Tracks production losses and abnormally high maintenance cost assets and finds ways to reduce those losses and high costs through root cause analysis. Implements cost reduction plans.
- Participates in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans in assigned area (Hot Mill).
- Participates in the development, and evaluation, of criteria for equipment and technical MRO suppliers and technical maintenance service providers.
- Performs the final check-out of new installations, including factory and site acceptance testing.
- Defines, designs, and develops an asset maintenance plan that includes value added preventive maintenance tasks; and predictive testing methodologies to identify reliability problems
- Provides input to a risk management plan that anticipates reliability-related and non-reliability related risks that could adversely impact plant operations.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations, such as capacity, cost, quality, or regulatory compliance issues, by using data analysis techniques such as Six Sigma, Weibull analysis, statistical process control, reliability modeling and prediction, and root cause analysis, among others.
- Works closely with production to perform analyses of assets including asset utilization, equipment effectiveness, and other parameters that define operating condition.
- Implement the Reliability Roadmap objectives in your assigned area.
- Bachelor's degree minimum in Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a similar role in a heavy industrial environment required.
- Technical and process management skills are needed in this position, with potential ability to work multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement processes helpful.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills required.
- Experience in the aluminum industry strongly preferred; experience with the hot rolling process beneficial.
Established in 1991 the Davenport Casting facility employs more than 200 people and serves the building and construction industry. The site produces hot rolled coil by utilizing specialized blending melting and continuous casting processes to produce high-quality aluminum sheet from predominantly recycled materials. Davenport Casting has an active social responsibility committee that supports many organizations in the local community including Habitat for Humanity Riverbend Food Bank CASI and more. The facility also sponsors local events including their partnership with Junior Achievement in sponsoring and presenting at the Advanced Manufacturing Career Day.
Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoffs, recalls, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training, are without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.