Eskenazi Health serves as the public hospital division of the Health & Hospital Corporation of Marion County. Physicians provide a comprehensive range of primary and specialty care services at the 327-bed hospital and outpatient facilities both on and off of the Eskenazi Health downtown campus as well as at 10 Eskenazi Health Center sites located throughout Indianapolis.
Job Role Summary
The Rehab Tech, under the general supervision of a licensed/certified physical/occupational/speech therapist or therapist assistant, assists with physical, occupational and speech therapy and related activities. This position routinely has contact with adult and geriatric patients; may occasionally have contact with pediatric and adolescent patients. The Rehab Technician proactively contributes to Eskenazi Health's mission: Advocate, Care, Teach and Serve with special emphasis on the vulnerable population of Marion County; and models Eskenazi Health values. The Rehab Tech for Rehabilitation Services may provide medical interpretation services to patients and act as a liaison between health care providers and patients.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assists Therapists:Assists with routine tasks to maximize the amount of time that therapists are able to provide direct patient care.Assists therapists with direct patient care as delegated.Facilitates DME and supply orders as appropriate.Transports patients safely and in a timely manner
- Scheduling:Schedules or cancels patient appointments as requested and through appropriate pathway.Verifies and attaches referrals for patient appointments.Prioritizes own schedule to meet therapist and department needs.Triages requests for assistance and communicates this effectively to team members
- Professional Communication/Collaboration:Effective teamwork with peers and other hospital staff.Effective verbal and written communication skills.Consistently checks and participates in electronic communication.Interacts appropriately and effectively with patients, families, staff.Responsive when asked to assist co-workers.Volunteers to work additional weekends/holidays
- Student Education:Participates in the education of students.Effectively manages the student's learning experience.Assures adequate orientation for students.Assures student is compliant with Policies & Procedures and HIPAA regulations.Meets with student regularly and gives constructive feedback on a regular basis.Regularly observes students and adjusts supervision levels accordingly.Represents Eskenazi Health in a professional manner to the student
- Environmental Support:Ensures that patient care environments are maintained and equipment is checked and kept in safe working order.Maintains clean and stocked work areas and equipment.Completes patient care equipment maintenance and cleaning per department policy.Contacts Biomedical Engineering and/or Facilities when equipment needs repairs or routine maintenance
- Process Improvement:Actively embraces opportunities and ways of improving services, patient care, and/or productivity by impacting costs, outcomes and/or patient satisfaction.Provides value-added suggestions to improve services and performance.Assists with data collection and prepares reports as requested.Responsible and committed to own personal growth.Contributes to establishment and achievement of annual goals.
- Time and Priority Management:Prioritizes multiple tasks to maximize time assisting therapists in direct patient care.Reports to work on time and on a consistent basis.Is not in the disciplinary process per the hospital attendance policy guidelines.Manages own schedule.Is visible and available to therapists for assistance
- Language Interpretation and Translation, if applicable. Accurately interprets therapy assessment and treatment information and instructions to and from patients exactly as communicated.Acts as a resource for other staff to provide interpreting and translation services; identifies communication barriers.Translates documents as needed by the department.Interprets office policies and procedures
• High school education or equivalent required. Some undergraduate education or degree in related field (Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology or Athletic training) preferred
• Previous experience as Rehab Tech preferred
• Prefer candidates enrolled in PT, OT, ST, PTA, COTA or health related program at accredited school or completing prerequisites to enter the same
• Successful completion of Rehab Tech competencies within first thirty days
Accredited by The Joint Commission and named one of the nation's 150 best places to work by Becker's Hospital Review for four consecutive years and Forbes list of best places to work for women, and Forbes list of America's best midsize employers' Eskenazi Health's programs have received national recognition while also offering new health care opportunities to the local community. As the sponsoring hospital for Indianapolis Emergency Medical Services, the city's primary EMS provider, Eskenazi Health is also home to the first adult Level I trauma center in Indiana, the only verified adult burn center in Indiana, the first community mental health center in Indiana and the Eskenazi Health Center Primary Care - Center of Excellence in Women's Health, just to name a few.Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.