12 Hour Night Shift
Acute care hospital setting requiring critical thinking skills and knowledge of adult respiratory disease processes and respiratory therapy treatment applications. Knowledge of Adult mechanical ventilation principles and current practice guidelines. Willing to work with multidisciplinary team to facilitate proactive respiratory interventions.
Graduate of accredited Respiratory Therapy Program, RRT Florida Licensed, active NBRC certificate. MFTPosition with Benefits. Requires BLS, ACLS, PALS and at least 1 year hospital experience. Willing to work flexible hours.
This is a Full Time position.
- Performs floor care therapies and oxygen administration following proper policy and procedure.
- Performs floor care therapies and oxygen in an acute care setting.
- Performs or assists with endotracheal intubation as indicated in a safe manner
- Performs endotracheal extubation as indicated in a safe manner.
- Maintains clinical competency for mechanical ventilation in adult critical care units.
- Able to perform arterial blood gas draws in a safe and effective manner from radial, brachial and femoral arteries.
As an RRT, you will work in a collaborative environment to deliver excellent patient care under the direction of a licensed clinical professional in a clinic or practice environment. An RRT helps patients who are having trouble breathing.What you will do:
What you will need:
- Meeting with and examining patients who have pulmonary diseases, disorders, or complications
- Conducting, performing, and analyzing diagnostic and function tests to assess lung capacity and capability
- Working with physicians and nurses to create treatment plans
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Care program required.
- Work experience in all aspects of respiratory care preferred.
- Competency in blood gas laboratory, maintenance, PFT and bronchoscopy assistance a plus.
- Registration by the NBRC as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) preferred.
- Current State of Florida License as a Registered Respiratory Therapist from the Department of Health.
- BLS certification required. ACLS required if assisting with diagnostic bronchoscopies.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.