When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for over 90 years. We are currently looking for a Regional Truck Driver to join our team and deliver tanks and other company assets throughout the country in accordance with company standards while maintaining the professional and positive image of Suburban Propane.
This position may require extended and on-call hours, including some weekends, holidays and an average of 3 nights overnight travel. Why Suburban Propane?
- Transport tanks and other company assets primarily throughout the western operating footprint of Suburban Propane in accordance with Company and government regulations.
- Maintain safety and compliance records.
- Maintain delivery vehicle. Review maintenance record, perform pre- and post-trip inspections.
- Deliver tanks. Test and validate product. Conduct tank or cylinder inspections, follow loading and unloading procedures.
- Account for inventory. Operate handheld terminal. Maintain Driver's electronic log book, trip report, odometer readings and related information.
- Secure truck and equipment consistent with security policy.
Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, sick pay, tuition assistance and 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting based on eligibility requirements.
For a full list of our benefit offerings please visit https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent training and experience
- Clean driving record with a valid Class A Commercial Driver's License with HAZMAT, tanker, and air brake endorsements as well as a valid Medical Examiner's Certificate allowing for operation in interstate commerce
- Ability to lift and pull equipment that weighs 75 to 100 lbs.
- Exceptional customer service skills
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.