Benjamin Moore is seeking a Regional Human Resources Business Partner to work in our Pell City, Alabama site (to include a manufacturing plant and a separate distribution center) along with ongoing remote / planned onsite support of our Mesquite, Texas manufacturing and Lewisville, Texas distribution facilities. Additional functions and/or facilities may be assigned as needed. Must be flexible and available to actively engage with employees across all shifts.
The Regional HR Business Partner will be accountable for the execution and delivery of HR services to include but not limited to: employee relations, policy development and interpretation, legal compliance, compensation planning, training initiatives, organizational development, change management and special projects in support of company initiatives. This position requires initiative to understand the business/operations in order to develop and recommend integrated solutions as it pertains to employee relations, policies, procedures and guidelines. Provides sound guidance, advice and recommendations, including helping business partners think through a range of options. Ensuring the use of a customer centric lens while balancing the role of employee champion and change agent is critical to the success in this position. Ensures consideration is made for the downstream implications of decisions as they relate to pertinent employment law, our corporate policies or our culture is expected.
* Provide relevant and effective advice, counseling and coaching by collaborating and developing a trusted partnership with management on human resources-related issues.
* Leverage employee relations knowledge to ensure HR services are compliant with laws, regulations and corporate policies.
* Provide day-to-day guidance for management on coaching, counseling, career development/plans, performance improvement plans and corrective action. Work closely with management and employees to enhance working relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
* Oversee the performance management and salary planning process. Help coach management though the process by reviewing completed performance management documentation and providing feedback. Participate in calibration sessions of performance ratings and salary recommendations to ensure fair and consistent consideration across the facility and organization.
* Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations; prepare comprehensive reports, formulate recommendations for remedial action if necessary; maintain and organize all documentation associated with the investigation.
* Responsible for managing an effective and timely recruitment program by executing activities such as: identifying creative recruitment strategies, generating jobs postings, sourcing and selecting qualified candidates, conducting phone screens, facilitating debrief sessions, negotiating offers, and completing pre-employment requirements.
* Conduct new hire onboarding process, to include preparing the employee file and new hire paperwork; facilitate form completion, such as corporate policy sign-off as well as W4 and I-9 for accuracy and adherence to procedure and regulatory requirements; facilitate employee orientation and provide training to include policies, procedures and benefits offerings.
* Ensure consistent and timely management of employee leaves (STD, LTD, Workers Comp, FMLA); strong understanding of reasonable accommodations and the interactive process; prepare and tailor written correspondence as well as maintain all documentation that accompanies the management of the interactive process.
* Deliver training content to employees and/or managers in such areas as harassment, leadership development, performance management, team building, etc.
* Communicate, facilitate and champion HR programs and company-wide initiatives such as employee engagement and recognition; provide support for activities relating to employee benefits (e.g., Open Enrollment, Employee Recognition, Wellness, etc.)
* Collaborate with other HR team members and leverage their expertise in delivering and implementing functional initiatives.
* Stay abreast of changing employment laws and best practices in the HR discipline -- a proactive learner and openly share learnings among the team.
* BA/BS degree required in HR or a related field.
* 5 or more years as a Human Resources Business Partner/Generalist; working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, employee relations, diversity, performance management, federal and state employment laws.
* Previous experience in a field based role and servicing multi-sites is preferred.
* PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification a plus.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to successfully complete multiple tasks in required time frames.
* A collaborative, confident and assertive style; ability to proactively build strong trusting relationships and employ influencing strategies to gain support and achieve results and common goals.
* Excellent consulting and conflict management skills. Ability to prepare for and participate in difficult conversations. Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment to manage sensitive and confidential matters.
* Impeccable follow-through and attention to detail. Timely and accurate execution of administrative HR responsibilities and compliance activities.
* Excellent time management and organization skills. Must have the ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment, re-prioritize based on business demands coupled with a strong sense of urgency.
* Is self-directed and motivated. Take initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation.
* Demonstrated experience with HR program design and implementation.
* Proven facilitation skills to effectively and confidently deliver training.
* Experience with HRIS (preferably ADP); Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
* Able to work a flexible schedule depending on the needs of the business/sites; the position requires availability mornings and evenings to accommodate a 3 shift operation.
* Up to 20% travel required to support remote sites and attend business meetings as needed
Click to see how you can paint your future!
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Benjamin Moore, we believe diversity of culture, talent, and varying perspectives is key to a collaborative, innovative, and successful business. We are committed to driving change within our organization through purposeful Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) efforts, while also focusing on our customers and communities in which we serve. Our DE&I efforts allow each of us to authentically live our corporate values of Openness, Integrity, Community, Excellence and Safety. Our Social Impact programming of strategic local and national partnerships, in-kind donations, volunteerism, and more expands our ability to make a difference in the lives of all of our stakeholders. We hope you will join us and become an advocate for diversity and inclusion here at Benjamin Moore.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we’ve modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.
Posted about 9 hours ago
Posted about 9 hours ago
Posted about 9 hours ago