Regional Facilities Manager, West
Job Description Summary
This position has managerial oversight of a portfolio of client industrial facilities and has at least one Facilities Manager and/or Assistant Facilities Manager reporting into it. The Senior Facilities Manager has the overall responsibility for overseeing the implementation of policies, procedures and programs that will assure well-managed, well-maintained buildings and facilities, placing maximum emphasis on leading a team in the positive response to the concerns and needs of the site, environmental health and safety, and quality programs, in coordination and conjunction with the goals and objectives of the client. The position is the primary liaison with the client and leads portfolio team in the coordination of services and activities, financials, vendors and manpower required for current and future needs of the building and operations. The Regional Facilities Manager also has responsibility for the overall financial stewardship and KPI performance of the business plan within the respective portfolio.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Oversee day-to-day operations of facilities, ensuring that all services are effectively delivered and facility needs are met. Ensure IFM team implements and provides these services in a manner consistent with C&W practices and policies in alignment with client directives.
- Manage service contracts cost effectively. Responsible for all aspects of service delivery pursuant to these contracts, responsible for periodic and ongoing performance and financial review, supporting RFP's, and assuring payments and invoicing match contract pricing. Initiate audit & control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met
- Lead the facility management team in the supervision of maintenance programs relating to the interior and exterior conditions and appearance and operation of the facilities, and ensure that facility management team consistently provides positive and prompt response to requests from the client.
- Ensure facility management team implements ongoing review programs to constantly assess client and portfolio occupant needs to assure problems are being solved promptly and to the mutual benefit of the client and C&W. perties, and prepare and deliver consolidated reporting and reviews of all budgets, financial reports (monthly and quarterly), contracts, expenditures and purchase orders related to the facility(s) or complex
- Develop, prepare and explain the annual facility budget, quarterly forecasts, and business plans, and assist in development of capital budgets for the property. This includes contributions towards a five- year plan of maintenance, portfolio improvement and value add initiatives
- Coordinate the collection, analysis and reporting by the facility management team of statistical data and analysis to provide accurate and current assessment of facility management objectives, work order productivity, cost savings and improvements. Review work order metrics and system to identify service gaps and recurring issues and provide corrective actions
- Approve all positions and direct the hiring, training and motivational activities of the regional facility management team. Responsible for effective and proactive employee relations with all site staff. Conduct and approve all performance evaluations of facility management staff
- Manage and drive customer focus within all areas of operational activities and ensure that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts, and drive innovation through the development of best practices, operational and service efficiency as well as the identification of industry trends and tools that would contribute to our operational excellence goals
- Ensure that facility management team comply with insurance requirements and coordinate all claims as required
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Facilities Management, or Business Administration or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years of related experience
- 3 years management experience
- Specialized Knowledge/Skills in Leasing, construction, engineering, human resources, performance management process, and critical system environments
- In lieu of a required experience selected above, a combination of education and experience in CMMS/Work order management would be acceptable
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
- Technical Proficiency
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Customer Focus
- Financial Management
- Leadership and Teamwork Orientation
- Relationship Management and Vendor Management
Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time. Travel may vary in frequency and duration.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.