The West Virginia University Reed College of Media is seeking a Recruitment and Enrollment Specialist to drive enrollment for the College’s online master’s degrees in Data Marketing Communications, Digital Marketing Communications, and Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC), as well as online bachelor’s degree in Integrated Marketing Communications.
This position is a critical role on the unit’s recruitment and retention team and will be responsible for leading the student recruitment initiatives for the College’s online graduate programs and supporting student advising to positively impact retention of students through to degree completion. This position will oversee the recruitment and lead generation activities to reach prospective students through marketing channels, manage student inquiries about the program from the point of inquiry until they are enrolled and active in their first course, and support program advising activities through degree completion. This position will be responsible for developing and successfully executing an aggressive recruitment plan. Primary responsibilities include effectively generating leads through recruitment marketing activities and leading student recruitment efforts and prospect support to motivate inquiries to complete the application process. The Recruitment and Enrollment Specialist will continually analyze the effectiveness of recruitment initiatives and improving the program recruitment process, including creative, innovative and potentially comprehensive modifications over time. Periodic travel to various trade shows and other recruitment activities will be expected. Candidates must show strong initiative, exceptional communication skills, work well with the public and have the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously. Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills are also important. An outgoing personality, self-confidence, an understanding of consumer psychology/behavior and an enthusiasm for motivating people are also important attributes. The ideal candidate will excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment and will be able to work independently, as well as with members of a team and will thrive when working on registration deadlines, meeting required enrollment goals and using a consultative sales approach to recruit and enroll students. This position reports to the Assistant Dean of Online Programs.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
What you'll do:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year
- 18 sick days per year
(for when you’re ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family’s, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits (this position is a benefits-eligible non-classified staff position)
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ’s.
- Wellness programs
Recruitment Marketing & Enrollment:
- Serve as the primary recruiter/salesperson for designated WVU Reed College of Media online graduate programs.
- Execute integrated marketing communication activities and lead generation campaigns for Reed College of Media online programs.
- Track, analyze and report performance of all recruitment and enrollment marketing communications activities from paid media channels.
- Make future marketing decisions based on performance data and previous return on marketing investment outcomes.
- Identify and propose new marketing opportunities/activities to achieve lead generation goals.
- Develop and implement promotional e-mail and internet marketing (paid search) campaigns.
- Develop performance metrics and goals for each marketing initiative with emphases on lead generation and student matriculation. Regularly report metrics and make marketing recommendations for improvement based on data.
- Guide prospective students from point of inquiry through the application and admission processes, including initial course enrollment.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to all customer groups through diverse communications channels.
- Provide guidance and encouragement through the admissions and course enrollment processes to prospective and admitted students via phone, mail, social media and personal interactions.
- Effectively follow departmental lead management guidelines for all IMC and DMC program leads.
- Maintain current knowledge of the changing needs and concerns of potential online adult learners. Develop recruiting materials to address these concerns.
- Identify and research new and existing market opportunities to achieve recruitment and enrollment goals.
- Maintain current knowledge of all curricula, policies and procedures related to Reed College of Media online programs.
- Plan and conduct conducting recruitment activities both on and off campus (including exhibition at select tradeshows and conferences).
- Anticipate problems and create contingency plans to overcome all potential pitfalls.
- Actively attract inquiries during remote lead acquisition events, meeting predetermined goals for each individual event to achieve ROI for marketing expenditures.
- Develop, execute, and track post-promotional results of trade marketing programs that increase sales; analyze results and provide recommendations.
- Implement an email cultivation strategy designed to re-engage leads that have fallen to inactive.
- Perform other duties and activities as designated by the director and/or assistant director.
Data Management & Analysis:
- Track and monitor recruitment metrics and communicate progress to the online programs team. Perform ongoing analysis of recruitment performance to adjust recruitment plans, practices and strategies. Through vigilant analysis and modification of recruitment activities based on all available data, achieve established program enrollment goals.
- Track and respond to changing environmental factors. Keep online programs team informed of any trends or patterns that may impact program recruitment efforts.
- Report monthly performance metrics to track conversion and recruitment data. Make recommendations for improvements based on analysis of the data.
- Accurately and effectively manage a high volume of data and electronic record keeping.
- Conduct self-audits to ensure accuracy of database.
- Identify potential barriers within the admission process and initiate steps to resolve.
This job has expired.
- Master's degree in Integrated Marketing Communications, Data Marketing Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or related field or master's degree in progress with commensurate relevant professional experience OR equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 3 or more years: Professional work of an independent nature that demonstrates a strong commitment to customer service and the ability to creatively solve problems.
- 1 or more years: Work experience in sales, customer acquisition and/or retention, or recruiting/advising role or work experience in public relations, integrated marketing communications or related field (advertising, marketing, communication).
- Experience in adult/graduate student recruitment with operation of an aggressive, ongoing recruitment plan and student advising is preferred.
- Superior interpersonal skills and a positive, results-oriented attitude.
- Superior ability to approach people and converse effectively regarding online graduate education.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people to take action.
- Demonstrated success in a sales/outcome-focused role.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to be able to research, analyze, detect and correct errors following established processes. Aptitude for creating and implementing appropriate processes to solve problems or improve areas where processes are not already in place or current processes are not optimal.
- Demonstrated ability to provide and maintain exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to function with a high degree of independent judgment and personal initiative to identify problems, execute plans, manage concurrent/overlapping and sometimes challenging deadlines and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and complete assignments within established deadlines. Superior skills in project management. Accomplished organizational skills necessary in coordinating and overseeing graduate student recruitment and enrollment processes.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication. Superior speaking, writing and editing skills, including grammar, spelling, punctuation, and accepted journalism style. Ability to distill and clarify complex information and ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to set goals, monitor performance to achieve results, and meet deadlines. Be willing and able to assist others to do so.
- Ability to learn specific institution, college and program policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact and build relationships at all organizational levels and with supervisors, peers and end-users.
- Ability to function professionally, sometimes under deadlines and/or stressful or confrontational situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding student data and records.
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies, processes and applications. Advanced computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint and knowledge of Blackboard-based course delivery platforms.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to maintain attendance and punctuality standards.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings or weekends as necessary.
- Ability to take direction with minimal supervision and function effectively individually, as well as part of an entrepreneurial team.