Recruiter---LAS Student Academic Affairs (Job ID #152492)
Liberal Arts & Sciences
Reporting to the Director of Recruitment and Engagement, the College Recruiter will recruit prospective high school and transfer students through the development and implementation of strategies necessary to meet the enrollment goals of UIC's College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. The College Recruiter represents the College's interests during high profile events and to a wide range of constituents (e.g., parents and students, high school counselors and teachers) and venues (e.g. on campus, college fairs and programs, and recruitment events).
- Implement recruitment and yield strategies to attract prospective students to the Campus and meet the enrollment needs of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Establish and maintain relationships with students, parents, high school counselors, teachers, and administrators to provide pre-admission advice and counsel relative to the recruitment and admissions processes.
- Seek out opportunities to engage and meet prospective students by participating in local high school events, college fairs, community organizations, etc.
- Field questions and respond to inquiries from prospective students through various mediums (e.g. individual appointments, telephone, email and social networking.)
- Serve as the primary point of contact for prospective student questions and concerns.
- Host and assist in the establishment and coordination of on-campus programs for prospective students, including presentations, open houses, and yield events.
- Represent the College during on-campus events to provide information about available offerings (including but not limited to LAS academic programs, campus resources, unique LAS opportunities, facilities, etc.).
- Evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment strategies and make recommendations for program changes and enhancements.
- Compile, assess and interpret student data, event outcomes, recruitment trends, market area trends and report findings to College leadership.
- Update and report regularly on recruiting events and outcomes.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned by the Director
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology, Liberal Arts & Sciences or a related field.
• Have an understanding and knowledge of the value and importance of a Liberal Arts & Sciences education.
• Prior experience in student recruitment, admissions and/or UIC undergraduate campus involvement and/or leadership.
• Demonstrate experience in working with diverse populations.
• Requires good communication, presentation, organization and problem solving skills, along with computer/pc proficiency to include Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint...) and other related software.
Master's degree in related field.
Prior experience in student recruitment, admissions and/or UIC undergraduate campus involvement or leadership
Understand and demonstrate the value and importance of a UIC Liberal Arts and Sciences education.
Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required. Public speaking experience and organization skills preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge and sensitivity to working with diverse populations.
Ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems, initiate and implement projects independently.