This highly visible role offers you the opportunity to take ownership of the overall management and maintenance for Digital Realty's property. As Real Estate Manager, you will enjoy working independently yet within a dynamic and supportive management structure, where you will oversee a staff of direct reports and make your mark on the operations of data center facility by leveraging your property management, leadership and problem solving skills. If you're a self-driven property management professional eager to join a leading global data center solutions provider with an excellent industry track record and tremendous potential for continuous, ongoing growth, we look forward to hearing from you.
The ideal candidate for this role will either have extensive experience as a property manager or some experience in property management combined with data center experience as well. Additionally, in order to be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Real Estate, or Finance, or the comparable experience.
- Four to seven years of related experience.
- A strong understanding of financial terms and principals and the ability to analyze and conduct complex financial and business decisions.
- The ability to effectively resolve situations or complaints from customers, employees, or management.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of common terms and components related to HVAC and electrical infrastructure (including primary and back-up systems).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- The ability to express ideas clearly in written and verbal communications, with the capability to create complex financial and business related documents.
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation.
- A proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Experience with acquisitions and implementing / creating new systems and procedures would be a strong plus. Tenant improvement and construction experience is also preferred.
- Must be willing and able to travel for training and orientation purposes.
As the Real Estate Manager, you will be responsible for all financial aspects and the overall management and maintenance of the building, including a robust mechanical and electrical infrastructure that was built specifically for our customer.
More specifically, you will:
- Oversee and be responsible for the planning, budgeting and control of operating and capital expenditures.
- Manage the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, monthly reports, and variance reports.
- Supervise the accounts receivable and accounts payable process, including collection of rent, accruals, payment of expenses, common area maintenance estimates, tune-ups, reconciliations, compliance with lease terms, and preparation of all related documentation.
- Oversee the compliance of all customer lease agreements to ensure all obligations of the Landlord and Customer are being met.
- Respond to customer requests and needs and coordinate with the Property Management and Technical Operation Teams to solve the issues.
- Maintain strong relationship with customers.
- Oversee the selection and performance of vendor services, including preparation of request for proposals and service agreements; monitor vendor performance to ensure compliance and standards established in the service agreement are being met; supervise scheduling and facilitating maintenance with vendors and customers.
- Perform property inspections on a regular basis; make recommendations to maintain/enhance the asset.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the Asset Manager and Technical Operations Team for the portfolio to ensure that all corporate objectives are being met.
- Supervise and manage team members to ensure exceptional performance is being achieved.
- Set and attain performance goals.
- Responsible for the development, coaching, and counseling of the team members.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.Our Mission
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital worldOur Vision
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.Our Values
Guide our decisions and actions every day-above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.