Job ID: 259324
Evans Construction, a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be the preferred source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
Operates ready mix trucks in a safe and professional manner in the plant yard, on public highways/roads, and at various job sites to deliver products. Deliveries will be made in both commercial and residential areas.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Ensures equipment is maintained, clean and in a safe working condition.
- Safely, efficiently and accurately performs pre and post-trip truck inspections
- Verifies general compliance with mix specifications after loading and at job site
- Aligns mixer drum under disbursement chute at the plant to receive product into the mixer truck drum
- Safely drives ready mix truck to and from various locations for loading and unloading.
- Safely operates ready mix truck to release concrete down truck chute into the area to be poured with concrete
- Cleans truck after every delivery to prevent concrete from hardening in mixer and on truck
- Places and operates chutes to deliver product where directed
- On time and fit for duty
- Accurately and efficiently enters truck production activities into electronic tracking systems
- Ensures trucking activities are DOT compliant.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions. Educations/Experience
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one-on-one setting
- May be subject to drug testing, medical exams and physical agilities testing
- Must possess or be willing to obtain a valid state commercial driver license (CDL) Class A or Class B
- Must possess or be wiling to obtain a valid Medical Card as per DOT standard/regulations.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgement
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure. Accepts responsibility for own actions
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines. Reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; commits to ling hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Evans Construction is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 2, 2021 Nearest Major Market: