Job ID: 481655
Preferred Materials - Concrete Division, part of CRH South Division, is a leading supplier of ready mix concrete, concrete block, rebar and building materials in the state of Florida, providing the highest product quality and service in the construction industry. With headquarters in Tampa, Florida, and operations in five key Florida markets, Preferred Materials provides municipalities, developers, architects, engineers, contractors, builders and suppliers a wide variety of construction materials and products. Our employees make Preferred Materials a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety.
Primary Job Function:
- Ensure Safety
- The primary task of the Ready Mix Driver is driving to and from plant and work sites. However, in between, the driver must hose down the rig to keep it clean. The driver also must walk on uneven and slippery surfaces at the work sites and at the plant.
- Primary responsibility is to drive concrete mixer to work sites and discharge load. This is in a variety of settings and conditions including uneven ground, and may require unloading and attaching extension chutes weighing thirty to fifty pounds to end of primary chute.
- Required regular lifting of 25- 50 pounds. May oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to equipment. May perform other related duties, such as lifting and moving of transported materials.
- Job requires climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, stretching, driving, sitting, shifting gears, pulling, and occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds. Uses hand tools such as wrenches, screwdrivers, and shovels.
- May be exposed to extremes of hot or cold weather. Overtime is required. Must pass DOT physical/drug screen. Adheres to Company safety policy and rules at all times.
- Applicant is required to meet PREFERRED MATERIALS Driver Qualification Standards. Must have the following Commercial Drivers' License and necessary endorsements in accordance with 49 CFR 383.91: combination vehicle (Group A or B). The job duties described herein are not exhaustive and may be supplemented
- Must be able to Read, Write, and Communicate effectively.
- 1-2 years of related experience or training.
- Class A or B driver's license with current medical card (or ability to obtain one).
- No DUI's within the last 2 years.
- Minimal moving violations.
- Able to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to establish and maintain respectful relationships with other staff.
- Ability to read and interpret written information such as safety rules, sales tickets, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
Preference: forklift certified
Shift differential may applyWhat CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Preferred Materials, Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: May 12, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Daytona Beach Job Segment:
Construction, Forklift, Warehouse, Developer, Engineering, Manufacturing, Technology