Purpose of the job:
Quality Supervisor position is to be the internal plant lead on daily quality operations. The role is considered the key backup to the Quality Manager.
- Main Quality presence in the manufacturing area
- Highly engaged with daily quality issue resolution
- Assist/Lead in daily changeovers
- Involvement in equipment tooling adjustments
- Facilitate action items identified in the morning production meeting
- Complete equipment overhaul set-up/follow-up checks
- Assist Production Supervisor with on crew production issues and reporting
- Reviews Data
- Verify critical alarms and percent checks done are answered/completed in accordance with plant goal
- Monitor and report OOS/OOC alarms
- Metal trial organization, data collections, and data entry
- Gauge Responsibility
- Maintain the Metrology System in accordance with plant and corporate procedure
- Perform weekly gauge verifications
- Coordinate gauge servicing
- Troubleshoot/repair gauge issues
- Notice of Complaints (NOC) System Management & Hold for Inspection (HFI) Events
- Customers & Suppliers complaints entry
- Provide root cause and corrective actions for NOC and HFI events
- Verification follow-ups on corrective actions
- Verify correct HFI procedures are being followed
- Collect/Submit Customer samples, data (Certificate of Compliance and Certificate of Analysis) as required
- Make visits as needed
- Voice of Customers surveys conducted as needed
- Monitor customer Defective Material Report system for issues and acknowledge as needed
- Audit Preparation & Management
- Perform internal audits on ISO procedures and Safe Quality Food policies
- Customer audit prep
- Warehouse (Internal & External)
- Safe Quality Food audit prep
- Primary Supplier Quality lead
- Non-conforming Supplier Product, Supplier NOC
- Supplier complaint resolution: entry and tracking
- Incoming shipments inspection
- Material Trial management, data collection and approval
- Backup for the Quality Manager when Quality Manager is out of the plant
- Performs projects assigned by Quality Manager
- Flexible to work off-shift/weekends when needed
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement teams
- Perform training sessions with workforce on procedures, gauges, and defect recognition
- Manage equipment issues in parallel with the production supervisor
- Lead Good Manufacturing Audits (GMP)
- Can and/or End manufacturing, familiarity with beverage industry packaging operations
- Lean, Six Sigma Black Belt: minimum working knowledge of tools
- GMP, ISO, and SQF Audit experience
- Understanding of Safe Quality Food and ISO 9000 standards
- Undergraduate degree
- Associates degree, or technical equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience in a high speed manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 1 year experience working in quality.
- Demonstrated ability to manage people and work hands on in a lean environment.
- Excellent communications written and verbal.
- Ability to relate and communicate to entire organization.
- Ability to understand and apply Basic Statistics and Specifications.
- Ability to read, understand and train procedures.
- Limited travel (up to15%).
is a global leader in metal and glass packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world's leading brands. We trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company, founded in 1932. Since then, we have grown rapidly to a team of more than 16,000 people with yearly revenues of approximately $7 billion. Today, we have a presence across Europe and the Americas.
Did you know....
- Ardagh produces many of the beverage cans and bottles you drink your favorite beverages from?
- Metal and glass packaging we produce are permanent materials, meaning they can be infinitely recycled without any loss of quality?
- We produce more than 160 million containers per day across the country?
- Ardagh Metal Beverage North America produces more than 15 billion cans and can ends annually?
- Approximately 75% of aluminum ever produced is still in use today?
- Aluminum cans, with 73%, have the highest recycled content among all beverage containers?
Ardagh is passionate about sustainability and has a reputation for innovation. We push the boundaries of what's possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. Our aim is to reduce any negative environmental impact while remaining economically sustainable and socially responsible.
Ardagh Group North America has been and will continue to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast feeding, and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, creed, religion (including religious dress and grooming), color, national origin, ancestry (including association, affiliation, or participation with persons or activities related to national origin, English-proficiency or accent, or immigration status), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, age, veteran or military status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination against any employee or applicant based on any of these factors is prohibited.
For more information on Ardagh Group, visit www.ardaghgroup.com.Nearest Major Market:
Gary Nearest Secondary Market: