Purpose of the Job:
Provide Quality Engineering support to Ardagh Group's internal and external customers to achieve quality expectations and goals.
External Customer Accountabilities
- Build relationships with Key Account Directors, external customers and co-packers and provide on-site support at their locations.
- Manage routine customer required reporting as required.
- Provide external customers with quality support to meet scorecard and certification requirements.
- Assist customers in complaint reduction efforts.
- Assist customers in root cause and corrective actions, capability improvements and quality enhancements.
Internal Customer Accountabilities
Knowledge/ Skills/ Experience:
- Utilize Quality Engineering and Six Sigma tools to identify and implement quality improvements.
- Assist in problem-solving efforts for Operations, Commercial, Production Control and Supply Chain/Procurement.
- Provide quality training and support to associates of all levels
- Lead quality focused Kaizen events at manufacturing locations
- Facilitate and lead metrology based projects, wellness programs and interface with equipment suppliers
- Degree in an engineering, technology or science field preferred
- 5-8 years Quality Engineering experience with 2-5 years high speed manufacturing experience
- Can and/or end manufacturing experienced a plus
- Six Sigma Black Belt strongly preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal, customer interaction and relationship building skills required
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Extensive travel (up to 75%)
is a global leader in metal and glass packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world's leading brands. We trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company, founded in 1932. Since then, we have grown rapidly to a team of more than 16,000 people with yearly revenues of approximately $7 billion. Today, we have a presence across Europe and the Americas.
Did you know....
- Ardagh produces many of the beverage cans and bottles you drink your favorite beverages from?
- Metal and glass packaging we produce are permanent materials, meaning they can be infinitely recycled without any loss of quality?
- We produce more than 160 million containers per day across the country?
- Ardagh Metal Beverage North America produces more than 15 billion cans and can ends annually?
- Approximately 75% of aluminum ever produced is still in use today?
- Aluminum cans, with 73%, have the highest recycled content among all beverage containers?
Ardagh is passionate about sustainability and has a reputation for innovation. We push the boundaries of what's possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. Our aim is to reduce any negative environmental impact while remaining economically sustainable and socially responsible.
Ardagh Group North America has been and will continue to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast feeding, and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, creed, religion (including religious dress and grooming), color, national origin, ancestry (including association, affiliation, or participation with persons or activities related to national origin, English-proficiency or accent, or immigration status), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, age, veteran or military status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination against any employee or applicant based on any of these factors is prohibited.
For more information on Ardagh Group, visit www.ardaghgroup.com.Nearest Major Market: