A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma, the Quality Control Scientist is responsible for performing multi-discipline analytical test methods for a variety of product lines to help achieve overall business objectives. This role is also responsible for maintaining the Product Stability, Product Retention, and Reverse Osmosis Water Quality Programs in accordance with the current regulatory guidelines. Additionally, this role supports Special Projects and Process Engineering analytical requirements to maintain existing, and future, business development.
- Works within a broad range of guidelines, standard operating procedures and/ or technical methods that involve a variety of routine work procedures with a moderate degree of supervision
- Performs analytical testing on raw materials, intermediate products, and finished goods adhering to GLPs, GMPs, and EHS requirements
- Performs laboratory activities in a timely manner to meet manufacturing and product delivery deadlines
- Interprets analytical data relative to specifications, process controls, and other analytical references
- Performs investigations on aberrant data and initiate out of specification reports
- Maintains and controls quality records in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Conducts laboratory support functions while maintaining supply levels to ensure availability
- Performs simple laboratory instrument upkeep including the cleaning, calibration, and the preventive maintenance of the instrument
- Performs high-level instrument troubleshooting activities
- Participates in audit readiness
Works a rotating 12-hour shift cycle every 2 weeks on either a day or night shift assignment.Who you are:Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, or another related life science discipline
- Associate degree AND 2+ years of work experience in biology, chemistry or in a laboratory environment
What we offer:
- Knowledge of analytical chemistry, analytical microbiology, analytical biology, environmental monitoring, and plant hygiene processes and procedures
- 1+ years of experience working in a cGMP Quality Control Laboratory
- 1 + years of experience working with laboratory equipment such as (HPLC, GC, UV/Vis, TOC, AA, and KF)
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 214521
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.