Job ID: 236819
Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division, part of CRH South Division of Companies, is the leader in production of high-quality hot mix and warm mix asphalt, and, with a team of skilled contracting professionals, Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division also offers design-build and conventional-bid-build solutions for roadway and civil construction projects. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, and with offices throughout Florida and in Savannah, Georgia, and Hardeeville, South Carolina, Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division performs asphalt paving, grading, and related roadway services. Our employees make Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety.
We are seeking an experienced Quality Control technician to join our team in the SW region of Florida which inlcudes Sarasota to Naples, FL. The Quality Control Technician performs routine testing of Hot Mix Asphalt and assists in adjustments to plant settings to ensure compliance with job or agency specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities but are not limited to the following:
- Performing daily QC testing on Hot Mix Asphalt as required by governing agencies and at the discretion of the QC Manager.
- Performs sample collection.
- Performs data collection and reporting.
- Assisting in mix design development and changes in plant production.
- Performs stockpile analysis on incoming aggregates and RAP stockpiles as needed.
Minimum Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to perform strenuous work.
- Must have some basic materials skills.
- Good penmanship, record keeping, and basic computer skills.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Ability to communicate effectively over the company radio.
• High school diploma or GED Equivalent.
• At least six months experience in asphalt quality control. • Knowledge and ability to perform mathematical skills (adding, subtracting, division, multiplication, percentages and weights).
• Ability to read and comprehend technical manuals.
• Must be able to read and use measuring devices.
• Must be able to work nights and weekends.
• Must possess a valid driver's license for the territory of operation.
• FDOT Asphalt Level I&II training preferred. The job duties described herein are not exhaustive and may be supplemented. What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Dec 29, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Tampa Job Segment:
Technician, Transportation, Technology, Engineering
This job has expired.