Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world's leading food, beverage, and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 109 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, employing approximately 23,500 people and have global sales of approximately US$8.2 bn.
At Ardagh we have a reputation for innovation; pushing the boundaries of what's possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. The unprecedented growth of our business has been driven by our unrivalled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
We strongly believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organization.
For more information on Ardagh Group, please visit www.ardaghgroup.com
You can also download our News Centre App by searching Ardagh in the App Store.
- Understands and complies with position related safety SOPs and work instructions, especially for Lockout/Tagout, Machine Guarding, Housekeeping, SQF, and Personal Protective Equipment
- Obtain required number of inspection samples and perform all quality inspection checks, visual and variable, where considerable judgment is required to determine quality of product as defined by corporate and plant procedure.
- Record result, with applicable comments in QAS and understand the reporting and charting functions of software.
- Analyze inspection data and establish quality level and acceptability of product where limits are not clearly defined; to include understanding and identifying defective product in accordance with corporate and plant procedure.
- Disposition and quarantine all non-conforming and suspect product, save samples when applicable, and understand use of the plant SAP based inventory system as it applies.
- Perform simple daily gauge calibrations and preventative maintenance/housekeeping to maintain level of integrity on all required quality checks.
- Understand the function of the plant SAP based inventory system and utilize to ensure accurate inventory levels.
- Perform simple maintenance/process type tasks as required (i.e. changing strapping rolls, clearing equipment jams)
- Possess excellent housekeeping standards and perform daily to protect integrity of plant and product.
- Possess good communication skills in regard to reporting any issues that involve Safety, Quality, Spoilage or Production.
- Completes any duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience:
- Maintains the highest level of housekeeping.
Key Job Competencies / Physical Demands:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Familiar with Personal Protective Equipment
- Detail oriented
- Prior experience in a fast-paced manufacturing facility
- Able to bend and rotate body repeatedly
- Exposure to heat, cold, vibrations, odors/fumes, and loud noise
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work multiple machines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to climb stairs frequently.
- Able to visually differentiate colors and read fine print
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, holidays and night shifts
is a global leader in metal and glass packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world's leading brands. We trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company, founded in 1932. Since then, we have grown rapidly to a team of more than 16,000 people with yearly revenues of approximately $7 billion. Today, we have a presence across Europe and the Americas.
Did you know....
- Ardagh produces many of the beverage cans and bottles you drink your favorite beverages from?
- Metal and glass packaging we produce are permanent materials, meaning they can be infinitely recycled without any loss of quality?
- We produce more than 160 million containers per day across the country?
- Ardagh Metal Beverage North America produces more than 15 billion cans and can ends annually?
- Approximately 75% of aluminum ever produced is still in use today?
- Aluminum cans, with 73%, have the highest recycled content among all beverage containers?
Ardagh is passionate about sustainability and has a reputation for innovation. We push the boundaries of what's possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. Our aim is to reduce any negative environmental impact while remaining economically sustainable and socially responsible.
Ardagh Group North America has been and will continue to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast feeding, and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, creed, religion (including religious dress and grooming), color, national origin, ancestry (including association, affiliation, or participation with persons or activities related to national origin, English-proficiency or accent, or immigration status), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, age, veteran or military status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination against any employee or applicant based on any of these factors is prohibited.
For more information on Ardagh Group, visit www.ardaghgroup.com.Nearest Major Market:
Cleveland Nearest Secondary Market: