Auto Truck Group is a leading vehicle upfitter for fleets, dealers, and commercial users in a variety of trades such as construction, transportation, energy, telecom, utilities, municipal, and hospitality. Kargo Master, an Auto Truck subsidiary, is a manufacturer and distributor of truck and van productivity solutions. Headquartered in Bartlett, Illinois and operating across North America, we design, manufacture and install commercial equipment that transforms client vehicles into a competitive advantage.
What will you do?
What are we looking for?
- Support QA inspectors through refinement of inspection software, items, and hardware.
- Address root cause and resolution for location specific quality issues.
- Maintain strong communication avenues with Production, Supplier Management, Warranty, and Design teams for continuous product feedback and improvement.
- Coordinate with the sales team and customers on the resolution of build concerns.
- Identify quality related opportunities to support the production floor and improve outgoing product quality
- Inform and communicate suggestions and errors to relevant departments for continuous improvement of the installation process.
- Train incoming QA inspectors on processes and requirements.
- Identify, maintain, and acquire necessary tools to aid QA team processes.
- Research and recommend certification or training that may assist QA and Production teams to increase potential quality of product.
- Tabulate and review inspection data collected to identify opportunities for quality improvement.
- Maintain an understanding of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS/CMVSS) as well as OEM and NHTSA requirements for vehicle certification and manufacturing.
- Understand the value that quality plays in the overall success of the company, help in increasing the quality of our products for the appearance and safety for our customers.
- Ability to think on your own and request assistance when needed.
- Must comply with the company's safety policies and clean initiative standards.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
What we offer:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering preferred but not required
- LEAN and Quality Certifications preferred
- ASE Certifications preferred; Some form of mechanical/technician experience required
- Three years of related experience required
- Understanding of Engineering drawings, Electrical and Hydraulic schematics, and critical welding requirements.
- Familiarity with Federal requirements; FMVSS/CMVSS, CFR, NHTSA, etc.
- Quality related experience including inspections, statistical data evaluation, process improvements, and root cause evaluation methods
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks independently with minimal manager involvement
- Extensive knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn the organizations production processes
- Understands the key business drivers; uses this knowledge in own work. Expands fundamental knowledge in own function and broadens skills
- Applies expertise to improve efficiency and accomplish objectives within own area of responsibility
- Solves a range of problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions and assesses each using standard procedures
- Decisions are guided by policies and procedures; receives moderate guidance and oversight from manager
- Must be technically savvy; have the ability to work with computers.
- Proficient in various desktop tools including MS Office Programs (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, SharePoint etc.)
Benefits include competitive pay, health, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), on the job training and development and much more.
Holman Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.