Quest Management System (QMS) Program Director - Esoteric Labs
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the "World's Most Admired Companies," Quest Diagnostics (www.QuestDiagnostics.com) is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. We are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, with 2021 revenues of $10.79 billion.
The Program Director will lead and manage QMS Continuous Improvement and QMS Project Management resources and a variety of projects and teams to apply Quest Management System (QMS) principles and tools to ensure Quest Diagnostics is efficient and effective in the delivery of its services, solutions, and processes while improving customer and employee satisfaction. This position will also be responsible for coaching and mentoring others to learn and apply QMS principles and tools to their daily work.
The position may be based in either the Company's Valencia, CA or Lewisville, TX location.
The Quest Management System (QMS) is Quest Diagnostics' approach to using a set of proven tools and methodologies to drive successful execution of, and results from, key initiatives and day-to-day work. It is the structured way we manage, lead, and solve problems. It is built on 7 practices:
1. Management approach & governance
2. Breakthrough management and Hoshin planning
3. Customer insights and solutions development
4. Process management
5. Continuous improvement
6. Project management
7. Change management
The Program Director will manage QMS Continuous Improvement Managers and QMS Project Managers in TX, CA, TN to complete projects and initiatives critical to the Esoteric Site Locations. S/He will lead projects and working teams to effectively initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and close projects. S/He will conduct and support Continuous Improvement training and Project Management training for Esoteric Lab site locations.
• Leads projects through issues, roadblocks, and problems
• Acts as a change agent to drive teams toward success
• Guides team members to perform through issues and constraints
• Owns the timeline, budget, resource constraints, and deliverables / results
• Shifts between the \"big picture\" and the small-but-crucial details
• Is prepared to roll up their sleeves and work through detailed issues
• Ensures all appropriate tools are completed and used effectively (e.g., charter, Gantt chart, status updates)
• Actively communicates with project sponsors and stakeholders
Establishes regular points of communication
• Manages sponsor and stakeholders' expectations
Delivers the expected results:
• Performs root cause analysis on project shortfalls and takes corrective action as necessary
• Applies QMS principles and tools toward a variety of small to medium projects as well as other necessary skills, such as:
o Identifying root causes of issues and designing solutions that address them
o Defining, monitoring, and controlling processes
o Understanding (internal/ external) customer needs and designing solutions around them
o Identifying the impacts from change and developing proactive change plans
• Supports various teams to achieve their goals by facilitating on-site workshops, rapid continuous improvement events, and providing ongoing guidance or consultation
• Coaches other employees on the use of various tools, concepts and practices foundational to QMS in order for Quest Diagnostics employees to build self-sufficiency, sustainability and scalability
• Participation in Communities of Practice
• Leading of QMS training classes
• Documentation of business processes
• Completion of required continued learning
• Up to 25% travel expected (expectations shown are targeted ranges; actual travel required will vary by project and can exceed or go below targeted amounts); some evening work hours may be required, depending on project needs
• Demonstrated experience (1 to 3 years) of Six Sigma Master Black Belt or Director of Continuous Improvement
• Demonstrated experience facilitating trainings or workshops in Continuous Improvement and Project Management
• Some experience in continuous improvement programs and deployment of programs
• Demonstrated experience with process management
• Significant knowledge of VOC tools
• General knowledge of Hoshin and breakthrough planning
• Some experience leading changes
• Effective written and verbal communication skills across multiple formats: formal presentations, meetings, conference calls, e-mails, and memos
• Demonstrated data analysis skills
• Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with others
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
Training and Education
• Associates degree required/Bachelor's degree preferred
• Formal training in project management or continuous improvement methodologies (e.g., Six Sigma, Total Quality Management, Lean, Theory of Constraints) desired
• Provided QMS "Core Practitioner Training" (internally provided and to be completed within 6 months of entering into the role) which includes:
- Customer Insights training
- Process Management training
- Continuous Improvement
- Project Management training
- Change Management training
- Other (e.g., Influencing without Authority, Vertical and Horizontal Logic, Writing Business Cases)
• Problem solving skills
• Verbal communication skills
• Written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Decision making skills
• Planning and organization skills
• Able to learn new concepts rapidly
About Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics empowers people to take action to improve health outcomes. Derived from the world's largest database of clinical lab results, our diagnostic insights reveal new avenues to identify and treat disease, inspire healthy behaviors and improve health care management. Quest Diagnostics annually serves one in three adult Americans and half the physicians and hospitals in the United States, and our nearly 50,000 employees understand that, in the right hands and with the right context, our diagnostic insights can inspire actions that transform lives.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
• FORTUNE magazine's \"World's Most Admired Companies\" list for 8 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the \"Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services\" industry category.
• Fortune magazine's Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2020 America's Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron's 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 'Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality' in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests - such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count - to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
About COVID-19 testing at Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics is at the forefront of the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, working to broaden access to laboratory insights to help us all lead healthier lives. We provide both molecular diagnostic and antibody serology tests to aid in the diagnosis of COVID-19 and immune response. Our COVID-19 test services are based on tests that have received FDA emergency use authorization and which also meet our high standards for quality. We are providing these test services under the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act.
We provide data on COVID-19 testing to various federal and state public health authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and participate in studies with government and private institutions, aiding COVID-19 public health response and research. Through our team of dedicated phlebotomists, air fleet team, couriers and laboratory professionals, Quest Diagnostics works hard every day to help patients and communities across the United States access quality COVID-19 testing.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics' reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics' long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking "Job Search" and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.