Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, and supplies, as listed but not limited to:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but not limited to:
- Reviews requisitions. Determines if stock is available from stores, possible alternatives, possible repair of purchase decisions, and best course of action to fulfill requisition.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Selects products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items. Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
- Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, cost, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Discuses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Corrects discrepancies between purchase orders and invoices.
- Expedite delivery of goods to users.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentage, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Good communication and phone skills required.
- To be able to handle multiple tasks at once.
- To be able to communicate effective and efficiently with all vendors, co-workers and outstations always.
- To be available via phone and /or at the office for all outstations, vendors and/or co-workers.
- Other duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or CERTIFICATION:
- Must comply by all daily functions in order to ensure the fulfillment of all departmental requests in a prompt and orderly manner.
- Must have an all-around sense of knowledge and understanding of company procedure and ability to redirect when needed.
- Must attain established work standards of quantity and quality on a consistent basis by process or function.
- Consistently follows policies and procedures (including governmental and safety) and departmental Standard Operating Procedures.
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS and/or ABILITIES:
- Must be computer literate and proficient in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
- Must have good attention to detail.
- Must be familiar with computer programs, i.e.; Microsoft Office, AES, although some training will be offered
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Professional etiquette in person, over the phone, and in written communication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment
Job duties include but are not limited to lifting, pulling, pushing, grasping, twisting (including wrists), reaching below and overhead, standing for long periods, squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, and climbing. Warehouse climate conditions are subject to change without notice.
At times may work with or near moving mechanical parts (i.e.: cooler, dock equipment), in high precarious places (i.e. ladder work) and cold/hot climate conditions. Ability to work in moderate and loud noise environments including, but not limited to: computers, paging, telephones, human voices, sound system, and machinery.TRAVEL
Negligible - may be required to drive company vehicles to nearby locationsACKNOWLEDGMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks, and skills required of an employee in this position. Amerijet International Airlines, Inc.
reserves the right to request that other tasks be performed when warranted (for example, by emergencies, changes in personnel or workload, corporate reorganization, or technical development). Amerijet International Airlines, Inc. also reserves the right to revise this job description. AAP/EEO STATEMENT
Amerijet International Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regards to race, color religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factors under federal, state or local law.
Any applicant requiring assistance with our online application process or who needs and accommodation for the application process due to a disability should contact (954) 320-5391.