JOB TITLE: Business Insurance Property & Cargo Broker
DIVISION: MMA Southeast
LOCATION: Johns Creek, GA
Business Insurance Property & Cargo Broker
The Property and Cargo Broker is a member of the Property and Cargo Practice, which provides sales support, account marketing and related client support services ensuring the property needs of clients are successfully achieved. Serving in a direct client facing role, the Property and Cargo Broker works in a team environment and handles both single carrier and complex shared and layered property programs. The Property and Cargo Broker handles and manages accounts, at a high level of proficiency, on an ongoing basis, performing essential functions such as coverage analysis and risk management recommendations, negotiating coverage and pricing, and managing and developing both internal Marsh and MMA relationships and external relationships with intermediaries and carriers.
Additionally, the Property and Cargo Broker will manage and oversee carrier partnership(s), initiative, or programs. Responsibilities include long term oversight, continued negotiation of terms and conditions as well as regional and national communications specific to such project.
Your goals. Your ambitions. Your definition of success. At MMA, we believe nothing should stand in your way of making these a reality. As an MMA colleague, you'll get personal and professional development opportunities, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement.
As a part of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in risk, strategy, and people, MMA colleagues are part of a network of resources and expertise that sets our organization apart from the competition.
We will count on you to:
What you need to have:
- Support producers in regard to Property insurance coverages by developing initial and on-going business and consultative relationships with clients, prospective clients and carriers.
- Market and negotiate new and renewal accounts. Oversee the marketing process, renewal and new business process.
- Work with Producer/Account Manager to develop a marketing strategy
- Send submissions to carriers in accordance with company procedures.
- Receive and review renewal and new business quotes from carriers, comparing coverages and forms; and negotiating coverages with underwriters.
- Prepare proposals and other carrier products.
- Bind Coverage with carriers as needed.
- Review prospects' policies and provide appropriate feedback.
- Present to clients in support of new business and renewals
- Work closely with MMA Southeast divisions to provide quality consultation services and serve as a resource to producers, account managers and clients.
- Meet with clients and prospects, producers and account teams to discuss issues, and resolve problems.
- Maintain proper level of communication and build effective relationships with clients and prospects, producers, account teams and carrier partners (underwriters and marketing).
- Participate on MMA product line and/or industry Center(s) of Excellence (COE's) and contribute on a project-basis to COE initiatives.
- Keep up to date on market trends, issues and enhancements relative to property market trends and coverages.
- Participate in seminars and other training to broaden knowledge of property insurance products.
- Communicate and interacts with all levels of management, employees, carriers and clients and prospects.
- Build proficiency with Marsh and third party analytic and benchmarking tools.
What makes you stand out?
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work required.
- Minimum 7+ years' experience working in wholesale or property insurance with a sound understanding of the London, Bermudian and reinsurance marketplace and a solid ability to architect complex shared and layered placements.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- P&C Insurance License or ability to obtain within 90 days.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills and basic math, finance, and financial management knowledge.
- Demonstrated expertise and comfort presenting to clients and markets at a senior executive level.
- Must have a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
What is in it for you?
- You possess strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as emotional intelligence.
- You have the ability to take initiative; be solution focused and be a change agent for the organization.
- 401K and company match program
- Company-paid Life and Disability offerings
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) programs
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Volunteer paid time off (VTO)
- Career mobility
- Pet insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Continuing education and training opportunities
MMA encourages all its colleagues to pursue dreams without limits. We promote curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking and take risks on new ideas. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams.
We further believe a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep colleagues engaged and productive including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. Our organization is no exception. MMA was named a 2021 Top Workplace for cultural excellence in the areas of professional development, DE&I practices, and employee well-being.Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.
At MMA, your future is limitless. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.
This job has expired.