If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Office of the Vice Provost for Research and Scholarship, Research Intelligence & Capacity (RIC) unit has an exciting job opportunity for a full time Project Manager at the Coral Gables Campus.
CORE JOB SUMMARY
The Project Manager is responsible for coordinating, leading, and monitoring projects and initiatives throughout the OVRPS organization. This individual is responsible for delivering on multiple projects ranging from short term to longer term initiatives, while satisfying essential daily operational needs. The Project Manager is responsible for the capturing of goals and objectives by the OVRPS, and the corresponding project coordination, management, and evaluation of those goals.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary. CORE QUALIFICATIONS Education:
- Leads and manages the Foreign Influence Project, a cross cutting institutional initiative to review, update and implement policies, procedures and robust reporting to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Manages the development, integration, deployment, optimization, testing and deployment of projects with management and support staff.
- Provides staff with a clear understanding of the project and department's mission and directs them in achieving the mission on any managed projects.
- Works collaboratively with key stakeholders and departments.
- Monitors the performance of the project team and ensures that assignments are accomplished as scheduled and according to specified objectives.
- Assigns project task to the identified project team for handling.
- Manages project staff according to the established policies and procedures.
- Performs follow-up investigations on inquiries, complaints, and problems, ensures that problem resolutions are within established departmental guidelines, and communicates outcomes to appropriate senior managing staff.
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical teams and vendor/subcontractor organizations, to ensure all targets and requirements are met.
- Documents existing business processes and provides recommendations for process improvement.
- Monitors the progress of project and notifies management of issues/risks and assists in their resolution.
- Contacts users to obtain confirmation and verification of service requests received, assigns jobs to the appropriate resources, and performs follow-up investigations.
- Pursues ways to improve operations and provides management with productivity and status reports.
- Establishes and works on priorities, which meet the departmental goals and objectives, and identifies areas of continuous improvement.
- Implements an action plan or initiative to achieve goals and objectives.
- Establishes and continuously assesses the effectiveness of the internal controls within the unit and compliance with University policies and procedures.
- Ensures employees are trained on controls within the function and on University policy and procedures.
Bachelor's degree in relevant field Experience:
Minimum 3 years of analysis of business systems and project management experience required. Experience in research administration preferred. Prior knowledge and experience with Research systems and/or project management experience in a focused area of information technology or information systems preferred. Comprehensive knowledge of policies and issues related to sponsored projects administration in an institution of higher learning is preferred. Any appropriate combination of experience and/or certifications may be considered. Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Excellent organizational, communication (oral and written), and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills with proven problem-solving abilities and experience with different project methodologies.
- Superior team building skills and ability to delegate and collaborate well with others.
- Ability to review and analyze information and data, identify questions/problems from this information and data, conduct research to ascertain possible solutions.
- Ability to organize and present information to small and large groups in an informative and interesting manner.
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations.
- Ability to establish department goals and objectives that support the strategic plan.
- Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop and train others.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Knowledge of federal foreign influence regulations preferred.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here
for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: