Lasko Products, an industry leader in the design and manufacture of portable fans and heaters for over 100 years, is seeking a Project Engineer I to join the team in our Euclid, OH office.
In this position you will be an instrumental part of the Product Development team creating innovative high-quality home comfort product solutions.
The Project Engineer I will lead the projects they are responsible for as well as work with the product teams to integrate new technologies into existing products. You will be a key contributor In the design review and prototype analysis for new products.
Personal and Leadership Qualities
- Define technical product specification that align with consumer requirements including developing the product specification, defining components and building feasibility models.
- Confirms system's and components' capabilities by designing testing methods, testing properties.
- Develops electromechanical products by studying customer requirements, researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Complete design reviews and report out to the cross-functional team key findings
- Assess competitive products for functional and cost improvement opportunities.
- Lead minor scope engineering projects including initiating the Engineering Change Process, building the BOM and qualifying design changes.
- Collect project requirements from all stakeholders, managing trade-offs to meet project goals.
- Ensuring stakeholder expectations are understood and managed accordingly.
- Responsible for managing and tracking: Project Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Resources, Communications, Risk, Procurement, Stakeholder Management.
- Fabricating proof of concept models and developing test protocols.
- Support the team in assessing existing product designs and providing suggestions for improvements
- Driving Value Based Engineering strategy through the PCBA design approach.
KPI’s of which the Project Engineer I will be measured by:
- Ability to balance multiple small projects while maintaining schedule and cost
- A desire to continually learn about new technologies and look for ways they can benefit our end consumers
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- On-Time Product Launch
- Product Cost Attainment
- Time to Market
About the Company
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 1-3 years of experience in leading the development of electromechanical products (Hardware & Firmware). Experience with consumer appliances preferred.
- Experience with basic digital and analog control circuits. Arduino experience is a plus.
- Experience with BLDC and single phase motors
- Breadboarding and PCBA modification (component replacement, rewiring / jumping etc.)
- Experienced with Bench tools: multimeter, power supply, thermocouples and soldering irons.
- Experience using Minitab, Excel, SharePoint and project management software.
- PTC heaters and ultrasonic humidifiers experience a plus.
- SolidWorks experience is a plus.
Lasko Metal Products was founded in 1906 by Henry Lasko in Philadelphia. Lasko designs, manufactures, assembles, and distributes portable fans, heaters, and humidifiers for the consumer market (Lasko brand), air purifiers (Germ Guardian brand), ventilation products such as range hoods and bathroom exhaust fans to the construction industry (Air King brand) and water damage restoration products such as air scrubbers and dehumidifiers (B-Air brand).Lasko’s products are sold in North America, South America, the Caribbean, and Asia. The company is recognized as the leader in the portable fan and portable heating categories and proudly operates American manufacturing, assembly, and distribution facilities across the US. Lasko’s leading market share in fans and heaters is 2X – 4X larger than the #2 brand.Lasko’s domestic production capabilities uniquely position Lasko to serve its customers.
Lasko’s Mission is to improve everyday life with trusted products which create a healthier and more comfortable environment. The company’s success is based on 5 Core Values:
- Be Bold:
- Challenge the status quo
- Courageously pursue the impossible
- Reject mediocrity
- Be Together
- Work together for success
- Drive trust and candor with each other
- Prioritize \u0022We\u0022 before \u0022I\u0022
- Be A Leader
- Lead with personal conviction
- Inspire each other to deliver high- quality results
- Leverage resilience and agility to drive excellence
- Be Accountable
- Consistently deliver to our customers
- Embrace commitments as a contract
- Take pride in our actions
- Be The Change
- Demonstrate a passion to win
- Make a difference at work in our communities
- Step forward and take initiative
The Lasko family owned and operated Lasko Products until November 2016, when private investment firms Comvest Partners and JW Levin Management Partners (“JWLMP”) acquired the business. Comvest Partners and JWLMP are committed to growing the business with investments in growth and productivity.Geographic Reach
Based in the greater Philadelphia, PA area, Lasko Products operates in locations throughout the US and Canada. The company’s Tennessee, Texas, and Pennsylvania manufacturing facilities produce both indoor and outdoor fans and heaters. The company also sources select products internationally from China, Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia, and India. Lasko operates distribution centers in all manufacturing locations plus Nevada and Ohio.Diversity & Inclusion
Comvest and its portfolio companies recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race/national origin, gender/gender identification, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, religious affiliation, and other protected status. We have a clear vision to be the place where diverse talent wants to come, stay, and do their best work. We know our companies run on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and smart employees. We believe that diversity within an organization creates long-term value for the organization itself and its constituents. Comvest and its portfolio companies are high performing organizations that seeks to hire hard-working and dedicated high performers. While Comvest and its portfolio companies always strive to look at a diverse pool of candidates, we will always choose the most qualified candidate for the job being recruited for, in order to strive for success for both the employee and the firm.
This job has expired.