Are you passionate and ready to join an inclusive work environment, committed to leading new ideas and pathways, and to delivering value? If the answer is, "Yes!" then we have an exciting career opportunity for you in one of our offices in Portland, ME, Sandy Springs, GA, Bloomington, MN or fully remote. Who are we? We are Montrose, a leading environmental services company with 2,000 employees across 70 locations worldwide, focused on supporting clients as they deal with the environmental challenges of today, and prepare for what's coming tomorrow.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
Our Mission is: To help protect the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the soil that feeds us, and is supported by our Principles: We Value Our People, We Value Our Community, We Value Our Clients, We Value Our Shareholders. We care for the well-being of our people and offer:
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Competitive compensation packages
- Industry leading benefits packages, including company paid life and disability insurance
- Paid parental leave benefits
- Progressive vacation policies and company holidays including floating holidays to meet the diverse needs of our people
- 401(k) plan and competitive match offered
- A financial assistance program to help support peers in need
- An educational reimbursement program
- Access to best rates in the industry to bring your student loan debt down to size
This role will be responsible for a full range of activities including:
- Provide financial support to Program Managers including review and analysis of project revenue and costs relative to budgets, assist in preparation of estimate at completion (EAC) projections, and maintain project forecasts/budgets in the financial management system.
- Prepare timely project invoicing to customers including review of billable and non-billable expenses.
- Complete new project setups in the financial management system, including monitoring the setup checklist.
- Assist with the completion of purchase order requisitions, ensure purchase orders have been received in the financial system, and approve/process vendor invoices for payment.
- Manage month-end financial close process for projects and work closely with Finance Manager to ensure accurate revenue recognition and all accruals and expenses are submitted timely and accurately.
- Assist with inventory management and fixed asset tracking.
- Oversee project controls effectiveness and work closely with other departments, such as Accounting, Accounts Payable, Credit & Collections, FP&A and Legal to ensure both financial and legal compliance.
- Standardization and continuous improvement of Operations back-office processes as business requirements evolve.
- Ability to work with initiative and communicate clear and concise data to cross-functional teams.
- Travel occasionally to collaborate with team members in other offices.
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or other work-related degree or equivalent in experience.
- 5+ years of finance/accounting work experience in a related role.
- Experience with fixed assets tracking and inventory management a plus.
- Project controls experience, a general understanding of project planning and experience or knowledge of cost engineering or budget management.
- Experience with Workday software preferred
- Good numerical and analytical abilities, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter and effective time management/prioritization skills
- Ability to work effectively both in a team and independently
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee may be required to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, and is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel as well as being able to operate a keyboard which may require firm/strong grasping and repetitive hand control. There may be occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor of supplies and materials weighing no more than 30 pounds. The work may involve some bending, standing or walking. Job duties are not hazardous or physically strenuous.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 949-988-3500 or email@example.com for assistance.
Vaccination against Covid-19 is strongly preferred. All employees will be subject to policies and procedures of the Company that may be dependent on vaccination status.MAKE THE MOVE
From comprehensive air measurement and laboratory services to regulatory compliance, emergency response, permitting, engineering, and remediation, Montrose delivers innovative and practical design, engineering and operational solutions that keep its clients on top of their immediate needs - and well ahead of the strategic curve.We are a fast-paced and dynamic team. At Montrose, you are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we'd love to speak with you.
Want to know more about us? Visit montrose-env.com and have fun!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Montrose is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Montrose is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment for individuals with disabilities.
This job has expired.