Program Director I (CST136)
Bronx, NY, USA Req #1294
Monday, August 2, 2021
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-GNY) is an anti-poverty organization that seeks to end homelessness in the New York metropolitan area by the year 2050. We focus our continuum of care to address the most prevalent causes of homelessness: (1) lack of affordable housing; (2) unmet health needs, including but not limited to mental health and substance use; and (3) lack of jobs that create wealth. In each of these areas we strive to incorporate strategies that address issues of racial equity. We know that our clients are confronting longstanding barriers to accessing quality housing, healthcare, and employment. Our programs are designed to ensure that our clients do not have to face these challenges alone.
Now in our second century of serving those in need, VOA-GNY understands what it takes to heal families and individuals who are in crisis and have experienced trauma. We operate and provide services in emergency shelters, transitional housing, and permanent supportive housing for close to 11,000 men, women and children through 65 programs located in New York City, Northern New Jersey, and Westchester annually. We are one of the largest providers of services to families and individuals experiencing homelessness in the Greater New York area, serving survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, and others who have behavioral health or substance use needs. Many of VOA-Greater New York's programs are nationally recognized and meet the rigorous standards of accrediting bodies CARF, COA and the NAEYC.
The Program Director manages the delivery of services to residents within the policies and guidelines of Volunteers of America.
Bachelor's degree and five years relevant experience, with three years supervisory experience. The position also requires a demonstrated ability to manage social service programs serving diverse client populations with substantial budget responsibility. In addition, it requires a reasonable combination of skills in the following areas: the design, operational oversight and evaluation of program services, personnel management, budget development and control, property management, public relations and governmental relations.
This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
The below enumerated principal responsibilities are inclusive of both program specific and firm-wide related administration, as applicable.
1. Develop and market program services and assist with writing RFPs.
2. Manage program services for quality and consistency.
3. Manage program personnel.
4. Manage fiscal operations - i.e., overtime expenses.
5. Manage program facilities.
6. Manage community and governmental relations.
7. Perform other related tasks as assigned.
Expected Results of Principal Responsibilities:
1. New programs are developed in areas consistent with the organization's goals, objectives and development capabilities.
2. Program clients are provided with high quality, cost-effective services.
3. Qualified personnel are recruited, trained and retained.
4. Programs operate within approved budgets.
5. Program facilities are maintained at the highest standards.
6. Positive relations are maintained with communities where programs are located, with local governments and with funding and licensing agencies.
7. Related tasks are performed accurately and on time.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee will be in both an office and transitional shelter environment.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to have visual acuity, talk and hear while communicating with peers and/or clients. This position requires sitting, standing, walking, bending and reaching. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items up to 20 pounds.
This is a full - time position.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today! Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories.
Washington, District of Columbia
Posted about 17 hours ago
Los Angeles, California
Posted about 13 hours ago
Washington, District of Columbia
Posted about 9 hours ago