Professional Security Services Strategic Advisor: The Strategic Security Advisor is an consulting and advisory position under the Director of Operations, Professional Security Services and is responsible for delivering security services and providing thought leadership leveraging emerging security capabilities to achieve customer business objectives in accordance with industry standards, best practices, and well-defined procedures.
This person has the responsibility to be:
• Customer Satisfaction Advocate – Partner with sales during pre-sales activities to design security solutions in alignment with customer’s stated goals.; e.g., solution workshops, RFP activities, and SOW alignment and practice skillset validation activities.
• Customer Needs Capture – Terrain follow customer operations to gain an understanding of current and future projects and manage overall customer security success metrics.
• Operational Focal Point – Maintain a touch point to track projects that may start to go off the rails and be in the CISO room to help articulate a security vision to offload customer presentation work for CISO. Lead and develop teams focused on client security operations success.
• Customer Security Advisor – Provide security strategy consultation services to clients to help further mature customer security posture in alignment with their short- and long-term goals.
• Relationship Builder – Build long-term, value-based relationships with security and business decisionmakers and influencers to understand the customer’s landscape and establish loyalty.
• Visionary Mindset – Work with Product Management and Operations Management to develop future security services of Lumen Security Services practice based on evolving industry trends.
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, Professional Security Services (PSS), the customer-facing advisor will participate in strategic interfacing of the PSS information security operations organization’s customers. The advisor will also work with the Director, Information Security Advisory in conjuction with the Senior Director of Consulting and Professional Security Services. The successful candidate will have experience in consulting and possess excellent communications skills and experience in presenting security issues to a wide variety of audiences. In addition, the advisor must possess broad technical knowledge of current and emerging technologies used both within the corporate infrastructure and in delivering customer-facing services.
• At least 7+ years customer success or account management experience
• Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent work experience
• Experience in working with complex, Fortune 500, multi-divisional, international customers.
• At least 6 years of Security Services Presales or Security Architect experience, preferable with Managed Security Services and Professional Security Services
• Experienced in determining security requirements by evaluating customer’s business strategies and requirements’ researching information security standards.
• Deep knowledge of local market and MSSPs competitor landscape
• Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences, including being able to interact with senior executives
• Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills in an enterprise environment (visionary)
• Strong customer focus and quality mindset (customer first thinking)
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
• Preferred some experience in architecting SIEM, EDR, Cloud, and other security solutions.
• Professional/technical certifications, such as: CISSP, CISM, CCSP, GIAC, CompTIA, or willingness to pursue.
• Knowledge of information security industry and regulatory obligations (ISO 27001/27002, SOX, PCI, NIST Framework, FISMA, HIPAA, and SSAE-16).
• Familiar with matrix leadership models.