WEG: Our Company
Founded in 1961, WEG is recognized as one of the largest electric machine manufacturers in the world. WEG employs over 30,000 people around the globe and offers a diversified and integrated product line, with sales to more than 135 countries worldwide. Our U.S. operations are growing at an impressive rate and we're looking for talented individuals to help us move forward with this aggressive growth plan.
WEG is committed to building quality products and providing efficient solutions. To achieve this goal, we strive for continuous investment in innovation and team work. Helping people reach their goals by living the values of the company is a passion shared by everyone at WEG.
At WEG, our Values stand as: Human Company, Team Work, Efficiency, Flexibility, Innovation and Leadership.
As a Human Company, we value each individual contribution to our success, and we motivate people by means of integrity, ethics and constant support to personal development.
WEG, also, supports Green Initiatives such as the implementation of a company-wide recycling program, the use of green chemicals for office cleaning, the elimination of Styrofoam cups, and installation of HVAC economizers on rooftop units and an energy management system to improve overall energy efficiency.
Role: Supervisor, Power Transformers (2nd Shift)
- Coordinate work in process with other production supervisors to ensure internal customer requirements are met and smooth production flow is achieved without interruptions.
- Introduce new operational systems to department.
- Identify and prevent potential bottlenecks.
- Strive to meet all departmental goals in relation to output, quality, and on-time delivery of product.
- Attend weekly production meeting(s) and recommend overtime to meet production demands.
- Maintain department cleanliness. No unnecessary materials, carts, pallets, etc. on floor.
- Make certain equipment is being kept in good condition. Write MWR, if necessary, and follow-up with maintenance supervisor.
- Order departmental supplies, as needed.
- Prepare applicable production reports, monthly.
- Maintain control of departmental budget expenditures.
- Actively promote a safe work environment. Conduct appropriate accident investigations and ergonomic analysis. Be on the look-out for potential safety hazards and take necessary corrective action. Recommend process or product improvements which can enhance safety.
- Supervise employees within the Department, adhering to labor contract and company policy. Interview, discipline and counsel employees, as necessary. Develop a complete comprehension of labor contract to ensure that all decisions and actions are in compliance. Enforce company policies and rules consistently and without prejudice.
- Verify and record hours work by employees in order to track attendance and provide information to payroll for processing.
- Promote positive employee relationships throughout plant, maintain open lines of communication and work with employees to resolve obstacles.
- Provide training to new employees utilizing manufacturing working procedures and training card as a guide to improve training and to get more involved with the employee. Cross-train to achieve increased flexibility.
- Assess and assist in upgrading the department's talent base to achieve growth and meet market needs (i.e. reduced cost, shorter manufacturing/product introduction cycle times).
- One - three (1-3) years manufacturing experience.
- Must possess strong communication / listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead, coach and work closely with diverse group of employees.
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Resides within reasonable commuting distance--no relocation assistance available.
- Associates / Bachelors degree.
- Prior supervisory experience, especially within an environment governed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- Experience with SAP.
- Experience with Paylocity.
WEG offers competitive compensation, meaningful and exciting career options, as well as excellent benefits, including paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and disability. Read about our career opportunities below and inquire about being a member of our first-class team. Apply Today:
Do you have a passion for Safety & Quality?
Do you want to be part of a growing company?
Do you enjoy continuous learning & personal development?
If you answered "Yes" & meet our qualifications, we invite you to apply today to join the WEG Team!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.