Support a zero-defect system through process control, to minimize non-quality related costs, and to improve customer satisfaction. Responsible for the quality and workmanship of department. This requires defect-free work and understanding of the requirements of the company's quality system as it pertains to job duties and responsibilities. Must be able to check work to ensure conformance to process control instructions, specifications, and quality standards. Identify, segregate, and report to supervision any non-conforming product. Identify the need for and assist in initiating and implementing corrective and preventive actions when appropriate.
Positive working attitude toward other employees; be a team player. Work with others constructively and abide by company policies and procedures. Working together as a team for continuous improvement is vital to ensure the future of CertainTeed and its employees. Teamwork will be required to be effective in daily production assignments as well as special improvement and continuous improvement projects.
- Operate forklifts in a safe manner. Must pass all written and driving test.
- Utilize proper lifting techniques.
- Ability to manually move bundles of product and clear jams using proper techniques to avoid injury.
- Operate shingle producing equipment for efficient operation.
- Utilize computer and manual controls to make adjustments to process.
- Clear equipment jams efficiently.
- Understand how to safely clear jams utilizing controls and manual methods.
- Operate product testing equipment.
- Utilize current testing methods and equipment to verify quality of product being produced.
- Perform operational and pre-shift start tasks/checks daily.
- Assist with start-up and backend
- Perform fire response responsibilities.
- Follow all safety precautions while performing tasks at all times.
- All areas are to be clean and clear of any debris before/after each shift, maintenance days and holidays.
- Report all EH&S incidents - Injuries/Recordables, Near Misses, First Aid, Environmental and Property/Equipment Damage.
- Ensure adherence to Waste Management and Recycling responsibilities.
- Participate in Incident & Near Miss Investigations to determine root cause and corrective actions.
- Participate in the development, understanding and review of all position JSA's
Pay: $16.84 per hourREM-03 WS-03
Shift start: 7:00PM
Shift length: 12 hours
Monday - Saturday with overtime
CertainTeed, a subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, is North America's leading brand of sustainable exterior and interior building products. Headquartered in Malvern, Pa., CertainTeed has helped shape the building products industry for more than 100 years, through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products. CertainTeed and its affiliates proudly have a staff of more than 6,300 employees and operate more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. For five consecutive years, the company has received top honors from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for its contributions in protecting the environment and was most recently the recipient of the 2013 ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence Award.