Responsible for providing: The Machine Operator II has the responsibility of either 330 Ferry 11/12 or 220 Ferry platform machines He or she is responsible for the safety, efficiency, quality and overall productivity of the machine, as well as cooling jigs, molds, and housekeeping in and around the machine.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensures that the team has all the required safety equipment.
- Ensures all the equipment, molds, machine and hoist are working properly, and reports any issues or problems right away.
- Follows a schedule and enters data into the Information System (Prism)
- Sets up and starts up molds as required.
- Ensures that machines are producing quality parts according to required standards.
- Maintains a good cycle rating as outlined by company cycle standards.
- Reports any deviations related to machine functions to lead to be corrected by Maintenance Mechanic.
- Ensures molds are prepped in advance to help ensure efficient changeover.
- Fills up mold P.M. sheets and places with molds
- Performs all tasks associated with the scheduled mold-change, including changes for the purpose of testing new or recently worked molds.
- Sets Rotation and cycle time on machine computer; orders or brings over cooling jigs; fills out pm sheet on returning mold, and also makes sure cooling jigs are returned to their location
- Coordinates mold changes to minimize downtime by bringing over or having brought over mold extensions, tools, supplies prior to starting mold change.
- Needs to be flexible to complete mold changes that are in process at the end of his/her shift.
- Coordinates and participates in making color and material changes to minimize downtime.
- Performs minor type of maintenance as required, for example changes out leaky hoses, and replaces broken fittings.
- Insures that the machines and surrounding areas are kept clean and in orderly state during and at end of shift.
- Eliminates safety hazards that he/she is able to correct.
- Monitors molds and machines for proper operations.
- Responsible to run molds to department cycle, and weight standards.
- Gets assistance to correct problems if necessary.
- Troubleshoots processing problems as they arise.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping of cycle data, part weights, cycle times, rejects and specific assigned process check sheets.
- Assists in day to day production efforts in his/her designated cell.
- Very good knowledge of the Rotational Molding and Mold Set Up processes on either the Ferry 330 or Ferry 220 machines.
- Has a very good understanding of rotational molds, materials, and machinery.
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform job successfully.
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with respect.
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture, display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and Service).
- Understands department's key performance indicators and contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a team.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In this position you may be required to:
- Occasionally sit, walk, stand, bend at the neck and/or waist, squat, climb, kneel, , twist at the neck and/or waist, use hands repetitively for simple and power grasping, fine manipulation, pushing & pulling, reaching above and below shoulder level, carrying/lifting up to 75 lbs..
- Drive cars, forklifts, and other equipment.
- Work around equipment and machinery.
- Walking on uneven ground
- Exposure to excessive noise
- Exposure to dust, gas, fumes or chemicals
- Working at heights
- Operation of foot controls or repetitive foot movement
- Use of special visual or auditory protective equipment
- Safety glasses
- Utility gloves/cutting gloves
- Leather top, slip-resistant shoes, safety toe shoes
- Steel-toe slip resistant shoes
- Hearing protection (e.g. ear plugs, ear muffs)
- Face shields
- Mask in accordance with company policy
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing. Comprehend instructions, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- ERP system experience with Prism, Intermec, and/or AS400 system
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- Forklift certified
CAMBRO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against based upon race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.