Job ID: 487824
Normandy Products Company, a CRH company, is a leading provider of solvent weld PVC pipe fittings and HDPE corrugated pipe fittings, serving the sanitary water and drainage water markets throughout the U.S. from one location in Middlefield, OH. But we're more than just a manufacturer. We are a trusted and strategic solutions partner to engineers, contractors, distributors, specifiers, and more. As part of the CRH Infrastructure Products business, we're leading the industry with innovative, sustainable solutions with a safety-first mindset.
The Producion Engineer is responsible for working with operations and sales personnel to identify and implement opportunities for lean process improvement and strategic capital investments to address issues and/or take advantage of opportunities.
This position will be a key resource in developing and completing manufacturing process improvement projects, including lean manufacturing implementation and capital improvement projects. These improvement projects will increase profitability, throughput, quality, and safety, improving the business's competitive position.
Lean Process Improvement - The team member will oversee implementation of process improvement and lean activities at the facility, including planning and coordinating process improvement and cost savings initiatives, facilitating 5S and process improvement/lean events, training, and mentoring.
Capital Projects - The team member, utilizing input from operations and sales, will develop concepts for investment to address the issue/opportunity, develop a scope and cost estimate for the project, and assist in the justification and approval of the capital request. After approval, the team member will be responsible for on time, on budget completion and commissioning of the project and its successful attainment of performance objectives.
The team member will also provide technical support and direction for process improvement and major maintenance activities at the operating location.
Develop New Projects
- Help identify opportunities for significant improvement in manufacturing operations.
- Work extensively with operations and/or sales teams to understand opportunities to apply lean process improvement initiatives and/or capital investment to improve profitability and competitive advantage.
- Translate operational needs into project requirements and specifications.
- As appropriate, solicit proposals from vendors/ contractors to address the project requirements and specifications.
- Together with operations and/or sales teams, evaluate proposals received.
Force Rank Investment Opportunities
Develop and implement project analysis techniques and processes to select opportunities that optimize the following desired attributes:
- Profit impact
- Time to complete
- Cost to Implement
Lean Process Improvement Implementation
- Provide planning, training, mentoring, and oversight to plant level teams executing lean process improvement activities.
- Participate and lead activities/events as required.
- Provide training on 5S and lean tools and techniques as required.
- Provide follow up and tracking to insure identified improvement activities are completed as planned.
Capital Project Scope and Cost Estimate
- Define and document project scope and cost estimate.
- Assist in preparing request for capital expenditure (CAPEX) and securing its approval.
Capital Project Management and Implementation
- Manage project design, permitting, procurement, equipment fabrication, construction and equipment installation, testing, start-up, commissioning and training.
- Ensure assigned projects are completed on schedule and on budget.
- Ensure the completed project attains the performance objectives defined by the approved scope and specifications.
dentify New Opportunities
- Stay abreast of new technology and make recommendations for its application to the business's operations to improve profitability and competitiveness.
Process Improvement and Technical Support
What CRH Offers You
- Provide technical support and direction, as assigned, to address specific process/equipment improvement opportunities/issues.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: Sep 18, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Cleveland Nearest Secondary Market:
Akron Job Segment:
Business Process, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineer, Facilities, Construction, Management, Manufacturing, Engineering, Operations
This job has expired.