Job ID: 460959
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
Production Laborer Wanted!
Do you like variety and being active all day?
Enjoy working outside?
Can you lift and move up to 80 lbs?
We currently have an entry-level opportunity for a hardworking individual who wants to join a great team! Enjoy competitive pay, great benefits and being part of a successful, industry leader.
In this role, you will be part of our production team performing a variety of duties, including:
Additional responsibilities include:General Maintenance
- Assisting machine operators
- Maintenance, yard work, warehouse, production, utilities, and material handling
Utility / Production Equipment
- Clean-up machinery and conveyors, maintain the surrounding area and keep equipment free from debris during downtime
- Clean floors and pick up reusable scrap for salvage, transport trash and debris away from production areas
- Responsible for keeping pallets neat and orderly
Yard / Warehouse
- Assist lead operator in preparing for shift production, work closely with the lead operator and become knowledgeable of the mechanics and operation of the automated equipment
- May be required to work with conveyors, ramps, elevators, etc. as assigned
- Operate machinery or automated equipment as trained and instructed following safety guidelines at all times
- May be required to operate equipment such as hoppers, bagging and sealer machines, forklift, palletizers, hydraulic equipment, powered tractors or vehicles, among others
- Operate a variety of hand tools
Requirements / Education / Experience
- Assist in the loading/unloading of trucks
- Assist in completing shipping/receiving documents, verify loads leaving the premises
- Package and label products properly
- Maintain, verify, and count product inventory
What CRH Offers You
- Requires pre-employment drug screening/background test
- High school diploma/equivalent, or a comparable combination of education, training, and experience
- Ability to follow company safety procedures and attend weekly safety meetings
- Must be able to demonstrate lock out tag out procedures and keep key lock at all times
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 80 lbs. from ground level
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to pass internal certification training
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Dec 22, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Salt Lake City Job Segment:
Equipment Operator, Machinist, Industrial, Laborer, Warehouse, Manufacturing, Engineering
This job has expired.