$21.77 + per hour!
Interested in a career in manufacturing? It's an amazing place, being around high-speed manufacturing equipment. In this role, you'll support our manufacturing process. Join our team of valued employees in achieving success! Lots of opportunity to learn and grow!
Benefits start on day one of hire!
Primary Purpose of Position:
Provide manufacturing support to our manufacturing lines; assist the team in achieving production goals, overall business plans and objectives as directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Operate forklift during routine performance of duties.
- Unload, receive, inspect and stage raw materials, scraps dunnage, packaging materials, chemicals, and other supplies.
- Remove finished products from the production areas ensuring proper identification, banding, and labeling to meet customer specifications.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies in assigned areas.
- Review warehouse production control schedule to determine duties for shipping and receiving.
- Ensure finished goods are properly documented for shipment.
- Stage and load finished goods and materials in accordance with warehouse production control schedule.
- Coordinate all processed scrap material. Band, weigh and store materials. Conduct inspection of and identifies routine preventative maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Conducts pre-shift safety inspection.
- Stage unfinished goods (plate) in accordance with set procedure.
- Prepare documentation for incoming and outgoing materials and finished goods.
- Maintain accurate files, records and logs of incoming and outgoing materials.
- May coordinate and train material handlers in their duties.
- May develop and maintain efficient procedures for receiving incoming materials, stock storage location plan, stock storage allocation, first-in first-out (FIFO) material usage and product usage. Keeps current accounting of materials and finished goods.
- May coordinate with production planning manager to determine schedule information for warehouse operations.
- Access, input and retrieve information from the computer.
- May coordinate with incoming and outgoing freight handlers to ensure efficient movement of materials and finished products through the plant.
- Communicate to responsible parties any machine malfunctions on assigned equipment.
- Perform recordkeeping duties as required.
- Communicate pertinent information to next shift.
- Perform clean-up, painting and housekeeping duties.
At Sonoco Metal Packaging, we offer a comprehensive total rewards package including competitive pay and benefits package options that include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays to recreate and rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- A variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement plan
Sonoco Metal Packaging is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education, General Education Development (GED) or through equivalent work experience.
- Job related experience for 2 years minimum
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to pass company forklift test/obtain forklift license
- Maintains an awareness, and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
Working knowledge of the following areas:
- forklift maintenance and operations
- rules and regulations for handling batteries and LP gas tanks
- the use of banders, stretch wrappers, and other packaging processes as required
Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in services; acts with customer in mind; establish and maintain effective relationships, gains their trust and respect.
"Sonoco Metal Packaging is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America.
Previously Ball Metalpack we're a company with 130 years of experience, and we're proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions.
We strongly believe that a diverse work team and inclusive culture drive better business results. We invite people of all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives to consider joining our 1,100+ team members in one of our 9 locations across the U.S. heartland."
Sonoco Metal Packaging is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.