Start a career in manufacturing! Participate & learn high-speed steel packaging manufacturing processes from the ground up.
Lots of opportunity for career growth! Benefits start on day 1 of hire!!
Shift: 4/4 Nights
Primary Purpose of Position:
Operate & assist in maintaining the high-speed, steel food can, end-bagging production equipment to meet customer specifications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Stage and maintain packaging materials and follow correct packaging/banding procedures.
- Perform and assist in maintaining equipment as required.
- Provide on-the-job training of assigned personnel.
- Conduct inspection of in-process materials and in-process finished products.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies and materials required for assigned area.
- Relieve other end-baggers or assigned personnel for breaks, as needed.
- Perform clean-up, painting and housekeeping duties.
- Initiate, review and follow all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
At Sonoco Metal Packaging, we offer a comprehensive, total rewards package including Competitive pay and Benefits package options:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid vacation and holidays to recreate, rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
Sonoco Metal Packaging is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education or equivalent.
- Job related experience for 1 year minimum.
- Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard packaging production techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Mechanical aptitude.
"Sonoco Metal Packaging is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America.
Previously Ball Metalpack we're a company with 130 years of experience, and we're proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions.
We strongly believe that a diverse work team and inclusive culture drive better business results. We invite people of all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives to consider joining our 1,100+ team members in one of our 9 locations across the U.S. heartland."
Sonoco Metal Packaging is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.
This job has expired.