Interested in a career in manufacturing? It's an amazing place, being around high-speed manufacturing equipment. In this role, you'll support our manufacturing process. Join our team of valued employees in achieving success! Lots of opportunity to learn and grow!
Benefits start on day one of hire!
Schedule: 4/4 Nights
Primary Purpose of Position (2-3 sentences, why position exists):
Performs tasks and provides services to support the plant's production goals, overall business plans, and objectives as directed.
Essential Functions (> 10% time spent on these duties); approx. 10 line items recommended:
1. Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
2. Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
3. Performs routine manual production functions or physical adjustments necessary to operate the palletizer to meet customer specifications.
4. Performs visual inspection of cans prior to packaging to ensure that cans meet customer specifications.
5. Performs and charts quality checks of in-process finished products and is responsible for required operating data.
6. Performs on-the-job training and development of assigned personnel.
7. Communicates pertinent information to next shift as well as to the production supervisor, maintainer, and quality assurance department.
8. Performs clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties.
9. Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
10. Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
11. Required to work scheduled shift per the needs of the plant, working days and hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
12. Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start and end times of work.
13. Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
14. Performs duties without posing a direct threat to anyone or to property. Direct threat is defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
15. Works under general supervision within parameters set by management.
16. Communication. Ability to communicate effectively, write effectively, read, comprehend, and follow complicated verbal and written instructions.
17. Ability to meet the knowledge, skills, abilities, physical requirements, and working conditions set forth in this position description and on the attached Physical Demands Assessment.
18. Communicates with the emergency coordinator (EC) or Environmental Focal Point/Environmental Manager (EFP/EM) regarding environmental management activities.
19. Understands and responds effectively to EC directions during emergencies by being familiar with emergency procedures, equipment, and systems, as necessary. Implements contingency plan to the level required by the position.
20. Understands, completes, and maintains environmental documentation for which the individual is trained, or as directed by the EC, EFP or EM (i.e., inspections, labeling, record keeping, maintenance of equipment, etc.). Reports to the EC, EFP or EM on the status of assigned responsibilities.
21. Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation, through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation as directed during training or by the EC, EFP/EM. Understands and practices proper accumulation and storage requirements for wastes.
22. Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing, or handling hazardous and non- hazardous materials and wastes.
At Sonoco Metal Packaging, we offer a comprehensive total rewards package including competitive pay and benefits package options that include:
Sonoco Metal Packaging is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
· Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education, General Education Development (GED), or through equivalent work experience
· Job related experience for 1-2 year(s) minimum
· Working knowledge of the following areas:
o Statistical process controls.
· Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard production techniques, procedures, and criteria.
· Required on-the-job and classroom training.
· Ability to learn all assigned equipment and products.
· Ability to identify product defects.
· Possesses an interest in and an aptitude for mechanics.
· Ability to effectively instruct and train other employees.
· Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
· Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
· Must be able to organize, plan, and prioritize.
· Ability to meet deadlines and to concentrate and pay attention to detail.
· Must have sufficient endurance to perform tasks over long periods of time.
· Must have strong interpersonal skills.
· Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
· Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
· Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Metalpack manuals.
· Maintains an awareness and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
· Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
· Action Oriented. Works hard; is action oriented and full of energy; not fearful of acting with a minimum of direction or planning.
· Customer Focus. Is dedicated to meeting the quality expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal and external customers and gains their trust and respect.
· Decision Quality. Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate.
· Functional/Technical Skills. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job.
· Learning on the Fly. Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
· Building Effective Teams. Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
· Drive for Results. Can be counted on; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago