GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Responsible for the preparation, cooking and serving of the food for any assigned station (area) with additional station(s) food preparation as daily activity requirements indicate. Assists first cook with ingredient preparation. Maintains safe and sanitary work area and equipment following department policies and procedures within state, city and federal guidelines. May ring cash sales for a designated station.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for preparing the assigned station (area) for service according to policy and procedures/task lists.
2. Assumes production responsibilities for the station(s) preparing food according to standardized recipes and daily production worksheet. Uses portion control guidelines.
3. Cooks items according to department policy and procedures, assists with serving customers.
4. Adheres to department safety and sanitation standards for food handling.
5. Maintains clean and sanitary work areas and equipment following department, state, city and accredited agency guidelines.
6. Records all food production on appropriate form for utilization by Production Managers for future forecasting or inventory control.
7. Ensures that foods at the station (area) are maintained at proper holding temperatures.
8. Responsible for the complete sanitation of the equipment at the station (area). Must follow established cleaning and detergent dispensing procedures as outlined by the Operations Manager to ensure that all fire/safety standards are met.
9. Assists with the preparation of special items for functions. Assists with set up and delivery.
10. Responsible for setting up the supplies for the following day.
11. Responsible for following cash sales policies and procedures.
1. Must be able to read, write and speak English and be able to do simple mathematical calculations.
2. Must be able to understand simple instructions required for performance of daily routine.
3. Three to six months of related work needed.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
1. Must be able to read and interpret needs of production sheets, tasklist and function sheet.
2. Must have good normal dexterity and eyesight in order to use food service equipment (scales, oven, fryer, grill, qualheim slicer, steamer) safely and proficiently.
3. Must be able to inventory items and make appropriate adjustments for production when necessary.
4. Must be able to follow recipes and evaluate needed ingredients, measuring and utilizing appropriately.
5. Must have a basic knowledge of cooking and preparation of food stuffs, especially grilled and fried items.
6. Must have the ability to function independently within the broad scope of departmental policies/procedures and goals.
7. Work may involve occasional light to heavy manual effort in transporting supplies/ foodstuffs.
8. Must have good interpersonal skills since position requires employee to interact with customers and fellow employees.
1. Work requires prolonged periods of walking and standing (90% of work day).
2. Some pulling and pushing of equipment and lifting (± 30%).
3. Exposure to hot/cold temperature changes.
4. Exposure to noise from equipment and congested area during meal service.
5. Position can expose employee to hazards of bodily harm from slicers, cooking equipment and cleaning agents if care is not followed.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!