Coordinate and participate in project reviews, revisions, production problem corrections, enhancements, and usability testing of any functionality required to administer policy sales and servicing in the NPS and ANA operating systems and work as a liaison between developer, product managers, compliance and end-users. Provide business knowledge and technical support to successfully implement system changes to the comprehensive policy and agency management system to comply with filed programs for multiple states, companies, products and lines of business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Evaluate business requests to determine feasibility, define detailed business requirements and specifications, work with developer to define alternatives and recommend optimal solutions
- Prepare overall project plan, incorporating system considerations for various operational areas, submit the request for programming, coordinate and drive successful delivery based on agreed to schedule
- Prepare test plans and scenarios for usability testing, execute test scenarios, approve project implementation and verify the production output upon implementation
- Responsible for verifying the accuracy of new states/ products, rate revisions, projects, and production problem corrections, to ensure a quality product
- Serve as business subject matter expert for developer and technical liaison for the business units, ensure a common, consistent product for all states, products and lines of business for internal and external system customers
- Coordinate and document the resolution of problems encountered during and subsequent to the usability testing
- Review and researches production problems; determine the extent to which they are testing, development, or user errors
- Determine impact of issues on the business units, develop alternative work processes until issues are resolved, work with developer to recreate problem and recommend solution
- Provides support to various areas which may include researching additional factors affecting a cost benefit analysis and other analytic or diagnostic services that support decision making by management
- See proactively opportunities to convert manual testing to automated testing to increase efficiency and accuracy
- Perform other duties as requested
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 3+ years of relevant testing and business system analysis experience
- Knowledge of multiple states, lines of business and various product lines, including rating, operations, and overall process workflow
- Prior project management experience or demonstrated skills
- Ability to understand and translate user needs into business specifications
- Ability to understand and translate user needs into programming specifications
- Working knowledge of company operating systems and processes including a working knowledge of the policy administration system
- Ability to conduct investigation and research into system errors and discrepancies
- High level of skill in the development of test plans and test cases through thorough analysis of requirements
- Thorough understanding of risk-based testing and consistently applies it to testing assignments
- Knowledge and skills to support testing for all testing functions within the department
- Ability to provide guidance to less experienced personnel
- Strong problem solving skills including the ability to analyze problems and create effective recommendations
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and timeliness in order to meet customer expectations
- Demonstrates effective listening, communicate, interaction, discretion, and diplomacy skills
- Possess very strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with business and technical resources
- Perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environment
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to aggressive project deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Previous Property and Casualty Insurance experience strongly preferred
- Prior system knowledge and understanding of system processes
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.