Go further, faster and be #StrongerTogether! We are more successful together. This is why you have the opportunity to become a star in our team.
Our passion makes us a leading international development partner and supplier to the automotive industry as well as a pioneer for the mobility of the future. Our product portfolio addresses all crucial issues related to powertrain and air conditioning technology - both for e-mobility and vehicles with combustion engines. Today, more than 77,000 employees work on innovative products throughout 160 production locations and 16 major development centers. Our goal is to shape the mobility of tomorrow - let's be #StrongerTogether. Join our team MAHLE.
Your Role & Responsibilities
Your Skills & Strengths
- SUMMARY: The Process Planning Engineer will play a role in the development and implementation of Manufacturing Processes for MAHLE Aluminum Heat Exchangers that are produced in our Ohio, South Carolina and Mexico facilities. The individual will also be involved in all phases of projects from acquisition through start of production. Duties will cover Program Management, Supplier Development, Budgets, Quality and Manufacturing studies.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing manufacturing programs, budgets, line layouts, development of equipment specifications, equipment purchase and validation
- Project / program organization primarily internal with manufacturing plants in Charleston, SC and Mexico
- Supplier project / program management and timelines, coordinate trial runs and RFQ's
- Development of capacity plans, MTM analysis and routing calculation
- Modification of Assembly Lines for new programs (manual, semi-automated and some automated)
- Travel to Manufacturing Plants (based on Programs) 1 to 2 times a month
- Bachelors Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical or similar Engineering related discipline is Required
- 2 or more years of experience working in a Manufacturing Engineering, Process Planning, Process Development and/or Process Improvement role is Required
- Minimum 1 year of experience working out of the Plant/Production Floor in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing environment is Required
- Demonstrated knowledge of APQP disciplines, PFMEA, Process Flows, Control Plans, Machine Design and Man-Time-Machine studies (MTM) is Required
- Automotive Manufacturing experience is Preferred
- Knowledge of production operations, machine issues and plant operations. High volume manufacturing experience is a plus
- Heat Exchanger and/or exposure to working with aluminum is a plus
- Knowledge of Controls or PLC programming a plus, but not required.
- Self-starter / Able to make decisions and perform job duties with minimal management input
- Must be able to communicate in written and verbal form within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to travel up to 10%, both Domestic and International is Required
In addition to work in a great team, we encourage you to reach your personal potential and through outstanding learning and development opportunities. Exciting assignments and personalized support for your career are available to you.