The Principal Scientist, Virology is the primary scientific resource for the Development Services group within Process Solution Services. You will be responsible for the scientific integrity of technical work performed within our Virology Development Services department and for ensuring the needs of internal and external clients are appropriately met. You will assume all aspects of the lead scientist role in development & validation of new customer assays, troubleshooting & process improvement of existing assay and evaluation of new instrumentation/technologies in line with appropriate quality driven requirements and regulations. The Principal Scientist reports directly to the Head of Development Services.
You are an experienced project leader with in-depth experience of directing in vitro virus cell culture and/or in vivo virology programs and have a demonstrated record of conducting high-quality research projects that delivered applied solutions. You would also be responsible for the generation and presentation of virology abstracts, posters or podium presentations for scientific conferences or internal science forums, webinars, board meetings and client meetings.
Critical to the success of the role is the ability to maintain effective working relationships with the wider organization including peers within Commercial, Operational, Quality and Program Management, Laboratory Scientists and external vendors and clients.
Who You Are:
- Ph.D in Biological Sciences or related field.
- 8+ years working experience in post-graduate research or industry roles within Virology or Biological Sciences with equivalent industry experience.
- Working knowledge and hands on experience in developing robust analytical methods.
- Experience with any of these techniques - Virus identification, Viral Isolation, Viral titration assays, Virus neutralization (VN), Hemagglutination inhibition (HI), ELISA, Indirect fluorescent antibody (IFA), Complement fixation (CF), Agar-gel immunodiffusion (AGID), Agar-gel precipitin (AGP), Latex agglutination (LA).
- Background in the validation and life-cycle management of methods and their critical reagents.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deliver on aggressive timelines in a matrix environment.
- Ability to provide strong scientific leadership in delivering custom solutions to internal and external clients.
- Lead by example, offer scientific coaching and mentoring to other staff members (training and scientific support for ongoing projects).
- Ability to lead from the bench in problem solving and the development of innovative solutions.
- Monitor industry trends to ensure that Process Solutions remains at the forefront of scientific advancements in the area of viral assays; review and recommend potential technical developments to senior / executive management.
Job Requisition ID: 209621
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.