We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Senior Technical Program Manager, Data and Shared Services
TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site, inspires and empowers people to explore the world with confidence and share their trip experiences with others. The Data and Shared Services team, which includes analytics, data science / machine learning, and the backend data and technology platforms, creates the data ecosystem that allows the company to monitor overall business performance, evaluate tests, apply machine learning models, and run and measure performance marketing campaigns. We need a Senior Technical Program Manager to lead and manage the complex program in this highly visible, high impact role.
Data and Shared Services is a large scale program that encompasses 9 distinct teams with stakeholders in all facets of the business: Engineering, Product, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Legal, and you will have the ownership and autonomy to lead and manage the program's most complex initiatives. We have an ambitious and exciting roadmap for 2021 and beyond. This is a tremendous opportunity to have a significant impact on the business with a globally recognized leader in travel.
- Establish a detailed program plan with a cohesive view of engineering workstreams and clear milestones, dependencies, and sequencing
- Coordinate and manage deliverables across multiple engineering teams to a successful completion
- Identify and address inefficiencies across the program that impact productivity, including jira organization and standardization, clear documentation, and a training curriculum for new hires
- Define and execute mitigation plans to minimize risk
- Communicate overall program status, including milestones, dependencies, and risks, to program teams, stakeholders, and executive sponsors
- Manage stakeholders' expectations, and address any questions, concerns, or feedback
- Partner with engineering to investigate, deconstruct, and estimate (t-shirt size) large, unknown areas of work
- 5+ years technical program management experience, developing and managing detailed program plans
- 3+ years experience navigating large scale, complex projects and dependencies among multiple engineering teams
- 3+ years software or data engineering experience working with large datasets (terabyte scale and growing)
- Strong understanding of data structure and relational databases, APIs, and ETLs
- Ability to rapidly identify and communicate issues and reach a resolution
- Ability to influence others and drive alignment among differing opinions
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and comfort communicating at all levels in the organization
- Strong stakeholder management
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership and a proactive team player, working quickly and accurately under pressure and time constraints with minimal supervision
- Emotional intelligence
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org