Pricing & Packaging Specialist
As the Product Pricing & Packaging Specialist, you are responsible for developing and executing global pricing strategy for Teradata. You will drive and improve scalable pricing processes and models to service customers, resulting in increased recurring revenues and profit for the organization. You have a reputation for being a data-master and a subject matter expert in all things pricing. You will lead and contribute to programs as you work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing and Finance to impact company performance.
You will report to the Senior Director of Pricing & Packaging and be part of a growing team focused on impacting Teradata through pricing improvements.
- Develop and execute pricing strategy across various product lines to position the products based on value and competitive situations.
- Drive methodology for calculating list price, price floor, and price ceiling for various product lines and market segments. Maintain corporate price list and periodically update appropriately.
- Be a leading evangelist to evolve the organization from cost-plus to value-based pricing.
- Pilot insightful pricing analytical efforts to uncover opportunities to improve profit in the short and long term.
- Develop and manage agile and scalable pricing processes for the organization including annual pricing reviews, new product and service launches, and price changes.
- Continuously monitor pricing KPIs for product lines, market segments and pricing projects through reports and dashboards.
- Lead strategic pricing projects (research efforts, conjoint study, scenario planning, 'what if' simulation projects)
- Support sales/deal desk negotiations of terms and conditions on contracts with customers or channel partners when necessary.
- Be a subject matter expert for all things related to recurring revenue, consumption pricing, Software as a Service pricing, including key legal requirements and revenue recognition practices.
- Perform business analysis, market analysis and support managerial decision making as needed.
Skills and Attributes:
- Leadership, creativity, presence, passion, organizational and influencing skills
- Understands the complexity and demands of various pricing models & strategies including SaaS, Recurring Revenue, consumption-based pricing, capacity utilization and fixed/perpetual models.
- Data-driven and creative product pricing and packaging analytical skills
- Strong research abilities including qualitative, customer value research and quantitative techniques.
- Analytical and inquisitive mindset - proven enthusiasm of math, statistics, probability and other data manipulation skills.
- Collaborates enthusiastically with Finance, Product Managers, and Sales Operations teams.
- Expert level presentation and meeting management skills
- BS in related field (Business Management, Accounting, Finance, Math, Economics or other related field of study).
- 4+ years experience developing and implementing various pricing models & strategies including SaaS, recurring revenue, consumption-based pricing.
- 3+ years in the technology industry.
- Strong market research, data analytics, and communication skills
This job has expired.