Job ID: 293400
As a major supplier of aggregates in Nebraska since 1921, Central Sand and Gravel Company, A CRH Company, has a long history as a mainstay of construction and development projects throughout the state - even supplying aggregates for one of Nebraska's very first concrete paving projects.
The Plant Operator is responsible for performing various duties on the Wash Plant. The employee will be involved/responsible for the daily operations at the plant clean up, operations and maintenance of the plant. Communicating with the Production Foreperson, Quality Control as required.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Report any problems to the Foreperson, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Follow direction of Foreperson as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of the plant; refer major problems to the supervisor.
- Perform daily pre-and-post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Maintain cleanliness of yard and/or plant.
- Perform daily maintenance and greasing of the plant.
- Perform routine and daily housekeeping duties.
- Assist in training less-experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing, and repair of equipment to further their abilities.
- May be called upon to run small power tools such as jack hammer.
- Lifts, carries and holds material, tools and supplies.
- Perform general laboring duties when necessary.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently under a variety of working conditions.
- Ability to perform strenuous work in varying weather conditions.
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations in order to keep time and material records, or other project documents.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to operate heavy and complex equipment requiring skill and the exercise of independent judgment.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must have the ability to work without close supervision.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Knowledge in operating heavy equipment.
- Basic Knowledge of mechanics.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in construction and paving.
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations and construction sites.
- Knowledge of trenching and shoring standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to climb ladders and to work at heights.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to exert 10-20 lbs. constantly to move objects, 25-50 lbs. of force frequently, and 50-100 lbs. of force occasionally.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Central Sand and Gravel Company, A CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 13, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Lincoln Job Segment:
Plant, Electrical, Plant Operator, Equipment Operator, Manufacturing, Engineering
This job has expired.