Plant Name: Woodlands - Conroe - 802730
Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing large and small metal, plastic, fiber and hybrid packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, beverage, personal care and pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and paints. Bringing together the very best of its four legacy companies- BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG and ICS-Mauser Packaging Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at scale.
The production line mechanic will be responsible for all production maintenance, including product quality control, line maintenance, and repair of line machinery and equipment. This role involves applying mechanical expertise in determining work methods and procedures for producing quality product. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To thrive in this role, you must have a valid 309A or 442A electrician certificate, an impeccable safety record, and you must be reliable and show initiative. You show up every day eager to dive in and address issues you see, without being told. You are responsible for keeping the line moving safely and you take a lot of pride in that.
Job Requirements Requirements:
- Each day you'll be bending, lifting, stooping, and the like to repair equipment. You will replace sensors, contacts, or other defective parts. You'll work with PLC equipment, multiple small tools, and high-voltage equipment. You are responsible for keeping your equipment in safe, usable condition and your area safe and tidy at all times
- Follow, without exception, all work instructions and safety policies, including use of all PPE and safety equipment
- Examine machine controls to install plate changeovers and start up machines for production needs when required
- Perform routine preventive maintenance checks on all production equipment and machinery
- Repair basic mechanical components and replace parts on machines such as bearings, filters, wiring, valves, gauges and switches
- Observe and listen to mechanical devices in operation to locate causes of problem
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments
- Inspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements
- Lubricate and clean machinery and support equipment to maintain housekeeping and preventive maintenance standards within the plant
- Document and track changeover times and record
- Accomplish all work orders to maintain safety; reduce downtime; decrease scrap; improve quality production; and improve plant efficiency
- Follows all safety rules and procedures including Lockout/Tagout program, housekeeping, and 5S standards and observes the operations to insure a safe work environment
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years' experience in a maintenance of Can Assembly Presses within a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of training and experience
- 2+ years of proven work experience as a Maintenance Electrician
- Certified electrician preferred
- Able to demonstrate the ability to maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment and mechanical systems involving electrical, plumbing, pneumatic, and hydraulic repair or replacement, including blown fuses and tripped breakers.
- Knowledge of PLC Logic, and ability to read schematics and blueprints.
- Understand electrical panel and drive components.
- Understand gear trains, shafts/journals, pulleys, and bearings
- Maintenance and repair of waxers, scroll shears and Cone Top presses.
- Ability to interpret documents such as procedure manuals, blue prints, schematics, charts, diagrams, etc.
- Ability to use precision measuring devices including amp meters, electric meters, and hydraulic gauges
- Basic understanding of systems, equipment and schematics
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Good troubleshooting skills
- Basic mathematical skills used to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and use decimals and fractions
- Ability to perform work in a mature and professional manner, demonstrate personal responsibility, and perform all assigned duties
Mauser Packaging Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
This job has expired.