Gibbon Packing LLC, an American Foods Group company, has an opportunity for Plant Manager at our Gibbon facility. You must have the ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with a dedication to quality.
If you are looking to advance your career, join the AFG family where you can be a part of providing quality beef products to over 40 countries around the world.
As Plant Manager, you will:
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Supervise of Department Heads within the Plant.
- Direct Superintendents and Managers in maintaining a safe working environment.
- Assure that the Plant meets Productivity and Yield Standards.
- Direct the Management Team in achieving least cost output.
- Oversee the progressive disciplinary action system.
- Hire and continually upgrade training of Management personnel.
- Communicate daily and long term objectives to the Management team.
- Answer issues with government regulatory personnel
- Serve on various teams as needed.
- Direct the operations of plant departments in the absence of the Department Head. This includes responsibilities for Human Resources, Maintenance, Food Safety, Slaughter, Fabrication, Rendering, Hide Processing, Transportation, Purchasing and Industrial Safety.
- NOTE: this description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.
American Foods Group, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
- 2 years supervisory experience in a beef harvest plant.
- Demonstrates a passion for learning and a willingness to build new skills. Recognizes opportunities to simplify processes and create efficiencies.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to navigate through complex and difficult managerial situations.
- Must have the ability to make independent decisions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Learn more: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement . Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact Human Resources at the location(s) where you are applying. American Foods Group, LLC will not discriminate against applicants who inquire about, disclose or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. Learn more: Pay Transparency . American Foods Group, LLC participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more: E-Verify Summary Gibbon Packing, LLC an American Foods Group Company
is a privately held beef processing company located in Gibbon, Nebraska. We appreciate our employees and reward them for a job well done. As a member of the team, you will find yourself challenged and contributing in a significant way to the success of the business, and you will be rewarded for that success. If you want to feel appreciated for a job well done and be part of something bigger, then consider joining American Foods Group, a "hire to retire" type of company. What we offer:
Check Out the Gibbon, NE Area!
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefit plan. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, Voluntary Benefits, PTO, 401k, Short Term Disability, Discount Meat Purchase Program, and more!
- Training, growth and advancement opportunities that will make this the best and last company you work for.
Improve your quality of life by residing in Gibbon, Nebraska, a rural city located in the center of Nebraska. Gibbon is located close to many recreational areas and is a short drive from Kearney, NE.
The area also offers:
- The Great Platte River Road Archway - a museum and monument commemorating the valley's role in westward expansion. The campus surrounding the museum includes hiking/biking trails, artwork and sculptures, and picnic shelters.
- Windmill State Recreational Area which includes a swimming beach, 6 lakes for fishing, hiking trails, and more!
- Year-round community events that the whole family will love.
Try to convince us that there is a better place to live and work other than Gibbon Packing, LLC in Gibbon, NE!