Motiva is an investment-grade, independent, and entrepreneurial enterprise that is a wholly owned affiliate of Saudi Aramco. Motiva strives to be the safest and most profitable downstream business in Saudi Aramco's portfolio within the Americas. Headquartered in Houston, TX, we own and operate North America's largest refinery-with a crude capacity of 630,000 barrels a day! With a network of equity terminals that are supplying gasoline and diesel to thousands of retail outlets under the iconic Shell and 76® brands, we are comprised of 2,500 dedicated US employees working together to bring the country the energy it needs while giving back to the communities!
Motiva is seeking a Planning and Performance Strategist to join our Asset Supply and Optimization (AS&O) Department. This department is responsible for maximizing the economic value of the entire supply chain encompassing Motiva's portfolio of assets. This role would be a focal point for the development of key deliverables such as business plans, performance reviews, special studies with independent consultants, and other events as assigned by the Manager of Commercial Performance Analytics and directed by the Vice President of Supply & Optimization. The successful candidate will be highly structured and motivated individual with strong business acumen who drives actions seeking improvements across the AS&O organization.
Experience and Skillset Required: Basic Qualifications:
- Single point of contact for the AS&O Business Planning coordination activities and content development, ensuring that all internal stakeholders are aligned, and milestones are timely met.
- Develops business inputs to the annual business planning cycle for Year +1, +2, and +3 and help reconcile differences between previous and current assumptions and other deltas in the planning cycles.
- Lead, consolidate, reconcile, and defend the AS&O's interest in the annual business planning and budgeting exercise in liaison with Motiva Finance.
- Supports development of key performance indicators (KPIs) and performance metrics for measuring commercial, optimization, and operational performance, short term planning effectiveness, and business results across the various teams across AS&O.
- Prepares, manages, and reports the department wide performance scorecard.
- Develops methodologies, processes and procedures related to performance metrics calculations, monitoring, and reporting.
- Independently verify and track optimization versus base cases for value uplift claimed by various optimization teams.
- In conjunction with AS&O's Chief Economist, provide market insights and views into the analysis and verification of planning and optimization results.
- Implementation of a bi-annual contract review process to assess commercial effectiveness of AS&O's contract portfolio along with the deliver quarterly dashboards for value delivery of ASO's contract portfolio.
- Track and document activity and project loads across the AS&O organization to ensure that work is properly distributed across AS&O resources and ensure time and effort is focused on the most value adding activities.
- Ensure across AS&O that work processes, desk manuals, white papers, and other critical documentation is kept up to date and organized according to Motiva guidelines and document retention policy.
- Tracks optimization initiatives and delivery in the AS&O space, as well as collaborative initiatives with other team in S&O.
- Act as a single point of contact for Audit and Information sharing requests from other Motiva teams and Aramco affiliates, as well as coordinating project resource needed from the AS&O team.
- Ensure that information produced and delivered by the department follows the set of policies, procedures and governance established by the Department and Corporation.
- Analyze complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Identifying and pursuing new business improvement opportunities and leading development.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact AS&O ways of working.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Identifying and addressing internal stakeholder needs, rapidly building credibility, and maintaining and utilizing networks
- Managing teams / multiple work streams to establish successful project conclusion - i.e., delivery of quality work on time and within budget.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarizing key points.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet VP Asset Supply & Optimization's expectations.
- Utilizing first principles thinking, and developing credible and pragmatic analytical approaches, frameworks, and methodologies.
- Analyzing complex quantitative and qualitative data in an efficient manner and synthesizing the output into meaningful and actionable insights.
- Uphold Motiva's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Accounting, Finance or another related field; MBA is a plus
- 8+ years of experience in related energy and/or industrial sector (oil & gas, petrochemical, refining, trading, consultancy, banking)
- Advanced skill in Microsoft suite, with emphasis in Excel with Excel/Power BI, and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written skills
- Able and willing to negotiate with and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills working in team environment both virtual and face to face
- Demonstrating executive presence and ability to become a trusted advisor to the C-suite
- Work in office environment, located at Motiva's corporate office in downtown Houston, Texas
- 2+ years of experience in Project Management
- 2+ Experience working with Consultancy Firms with engagement in the Oil & Gas downstream and marketing segments
- Experience working in trading environments (trading analysis and/or risk management analysis) with ETRM, preferably Right Angle
- Experience with price, data, and market information providers such as Bloomberg, Marketview, kpler, Refinitiv/Eikon, S&P Global (formerly Platts) or Argus
- Knowledge of USGC crude oil, intermediate feedstocks, clean products, chemicals & specialty products, and energy & industrial gases supply and trading activity. Exposure to USAC, other domestic and foreign geographies would be a plus.
- Experience performing data mining, modeling, and visualization with Excel and Power BI
- Strong presentation skills, particularly targeting executive leadership
- Experience in the Business Planning, or familiarity with the various inputs needed to create and reconcile a complex business plan and budget.
We reserve the right to amend or withdraw Motiva jobs at any time, including prior to the closing date. Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or grade.
Applicants for regular U.S. positions must be authorized to work in the United States for Motiva Enterprises LLC without the need for sponsorship of an immigration authorization or visa (for example, TN, H-1B, or other employment-based immigration authorization or visa).
Motiva participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status under federal, state, or local laws.