Who Are We?
At Ditch Witch in Perry, Oklahoma we pride ourselves on being the leading manufacturer in the underground pipe and cable market. Our plant in Perry stands out because it's a place for people to learn and thrive. We enjoy coming to work because our plant is our community, we see our teammates not only as co-workers but as neighbors and family members. All of our locations build the intricate network of machinery that contributes to The Toro Company. We contribute to building communities, cities, and the world. We invite you to apply and join a team of highly skilled, and highly passionate people.
This position is responsible for assuring, on a continual basis, that anuninterrupted flow of production material is available to support theproduction process. It also monitors inventory levels, expedite material, andaudit material adjustment transactions to support a minimum inventoryproduction process. The Planner will plan, schedule and release, purchased parts in an effective manner while supporting company objectives regarding inventory, sales volume, product cost, and customer demand.
What Will You Do?
In order to grow and build a successful career with The Toro Company (TTC) - Ditch Witch Division, you will be responsible for:
- Plan all purchased parts within responsibility area. Make decisions to release, firm, cancel, expedite or defer work based upon current inventory, demand, and capacity.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels to support production plan.
- Work independently with suppliers to manage material supply to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Coordinates with other departments regarding production goals, timelines, supplier payments, etc.
- Develop strategies and tactics to effectively manage assigned inventory portfolio, with the intention of minimizing costs and improving supply chain performance.
- Partners with Engineering, Production and Sourcing to stop procurement of material affected by Engineering change and coordinates proper rotation of inventory to minimize scrap/reworked.
- Partners with Sourcing, Quality, and Receiving to return rejected or damaged inventory to the Supplier.
- Assists in Supplier relationship management including meetings and supplier visits.
What Do You Need?
- Extended use of a personal computer.
- Office environment most of the time, with regular trips to shop floor.
- Work day lengths of up to 10 hours, with occasional weekend work.
- Rapidly changing workloads and priorities, frequently with multiple requests from a variety of supervisors and managers.
To be considered for this role, an individual should meet the following minimal requirements:
What Can We Give You?
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 1 year of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 4 years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience in supply chain and/or manufacturing with focus on production planning/scheduling and materials management disciplines preferred.
- Exhibit a professional, self-confident image.
- Must possess good mathematical skills and the ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and have advanced skills in Microsoft Excel. Experience with SAP is a plus.
- Some travel may be required
At Ditch Witch, we are always working to make sure our employees know just how valued they are. In addition to a competitive salary, an affordable and top tier medical/dental/vision plan, 401k, and many other great benefits - Ditch Witch offers employees at our Perry, OK location a variety of perks, including:
Dress for your day - We know you're more productive when you're comfortable, which is why employees are encouraged to take advantage of our casual, office-plant blended environment.
Wellness - In addition to physical wellbeing, TTC offers a variety of mental health, financial health, and other types of resources to every full-time employee.
Growth Opportunities - TTC prides itself on giving our employees the chance to grow their careers. Tuition reimbursement, opportunities to move into new areas of interest, and promotion opportunities are a few examples.
Competitive Salary - The pay range takes into account skills, experience, education, and location. A reasonable estimate of the annual pay range is between $5,000 - $60,000. Compensation is one piece of our competitive total rewards package.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This job has expired.