Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Specialist will assist in all aspects of processing multi-state payrolls for a corporation of 1500+ employees. Qualified candidates must possess a strong Time and Attendance background preferably using ADP and/or Ceridian Dayforce systems. The candidate must be able to work effectively as a team member, perform day-to-day payroll functions, and ensure all payrolls are processed in a timely and accurate manner. They must maintain a high level of payroll and tax knowledge to ensure compliance with payroll policies, regulations and procedures.
Qualified candidates must communicate and build relationships with external field locations and internal business partners (Human Resources, Benefits, Finance, etc.), thus remaining accountable and responsible for all aspects of quality relationship management with direct focus on customer service.
Required Skills & Desired Experience
- Process bi-weekly and weekly payrolls for multi-state non-exempt employee population
- Review employee timecards to ensure accuracy, completeness and managerial approval, ensuring regular, overtime/double-time, vacation/holiday and shift differentials are entered and calculating correctly
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of time and attendance configuration and analysis
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission to validate data and reports for accuracy
- Maintain complete and accurate payroll files including payroll reports, tax information, and supporting documentation
- Ensure payroll is in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding regarding the proper taxation of employer paid fringe benefits
- Process off-cycle manual checks in a timely manner
- Responsible for the accurate and timely posting of payroll information to the general ledger
- Coordinate funding and payment requests with the Treasury Department for payroll money movement such as tax payments, direct deposits, garnishments, etc.
- Work closely with Accounting Department to resolve all inquiries and reconciliations
- Perform quarterly and year-end wage and tax reconciliation audits
- Provide exceptional customer service to employees in the area of earnings, deductions and taxes as they relate to their pay in an efficient and timely manner
- Work cross functionally with other departments on related projects when needed
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of payroll experience with a corporation of 1000+ employees in multiple state jurisdictions
- At least 2 years of ADP Time and Attendance experience with ADP Vantage systems or similar ADP products required; Ceridian Dayforce experience a plus
- Must be detail oriented and able to multitask
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must have strong accounting aptitude
- Efficient time management and organizational skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- FPC or CPP designation preferred
- Familiarity with ADP reporting tools preferred
At Benjamin Moore, we believe diversity of culture, talent, and varying perspectives is key to a collaborative, innovative, and successful business. We are committed to driving change within our organization through purposeful Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) efforts, while also focusing on our customers and communities in which we serve. Our DE&I efforts allow each of us to authentically live our corporate values of Openness, Integrity, Community, Excellence and Safety. Our Social Impact programming of strategic local and national partnerships, in-kind donations, volunteerism, and more expands our ability to make a difference in the lives of all of our stakeholders. We hope you will join us and become an advocate for diversity and inclusion here at Benjamin Moore.
At Benjamin Moore & Co, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive because it benefits our employees, our products, and our community. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Benjamin Moore is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program
Benjamin Moore provides Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program to support eligible active employees who graduated from an accredited post-secondary educational institution. The Repayment Program is intended to contribute to reducing employee’s student loans. The Company follows all rules and regulations concerning the taxability of student loan repayments provided under applicable law.Company Profile
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success, and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.